Tuesday’s Cheltenham NAPs
DAY 1 IS DONE! BUT DON’T WORRY, OUR MOB ARE BACK FOR WEDNESDAY:
- Here’s our pundits’ Cheat Sheet For Day 2
- Matt Chapman’s race-by-race guide
- Mick Fitzgerald’s fancies for each race
- Jane Mangan’s Wednesday picks
- Ruby Walsh’s 7 picks for 7 races
The Arkle looks a cracker with a decent field size (comparative to most recent years) and two potential top-notchers. Cases can be made for both at the front of the market but I expect Jonbon to leave his slightly disappointing Warwick win behind him. He was likely a lot more unfit than his trainer thought that day, and his prior runs were scintillating. El Fabiolo wasn’t far behind him over hurdles at Aintree last season but Jonbon’s jumping has looked more assured over fences to date.
Great run in last seasons Coral Cup, proved that day he appreciated the step up in trip and caught the eye at the beginning of the season in the John Durkan when beaten 21l by Galopin Des Champs. A run over shorter since should leave Fastorslow spot on for shrewd connections.
- WELCOME TO PP NEWS: NEW TO US? CLICK HERE FOR OUR £/€20 SIGN-UP OFFER
Brandy Love was extremely impressive when a Fairyhouse Grade 1 winner. Should be better going this way round and it would be disappointing if she wasn’t involved at the finish.
Having been beaten at odds on on debut in November, despite looking like the best horse in the race, I suspect this has always been the plan for Tekao and we know that the stable also had what emerged to be the front two in the betting for the triumph hurdles. As for his last run at the Dublin Racing festival…
Couldn’t call Gaillard Du Mesnil a serial winner but he is a Grade 1 winner over hurdles and fences, while having the profile for this race being a second season novice who has placed in an Irish National off a big weight. His third in last year’s Brown Advisory behind L’homme Presse and Ahoy Senor which is form that would make him tough to beat here.
Tuesday’s Cheltenham NAPs
- All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Cheltenham Racing Tips
- Paddy’s Tuesday Cheat Sheet for the opening day of the 2023 Festival
- Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival
- Jane Mangan’s picks for day 1 of the Festival
- Matt Chapman’s picks for Tuesday at the Festival
STUDY THE FORM & GET ALL THE RESULTS
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT