* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
I’m going for Gaillard Du Mesnil in this one. What I loved about Gaillard Du Mesnil last time was that he wasn’t that well fancied in the market in Leopardstown. I think he surprised people about how good he is. Bob Olinger will run well but Gaillard Du Mesnil is a slightly better price so that’s my pick.
Monkfish is head and shoulders above everyone else here. Monkfish is special and I don’t see anyone else coming close to him.
TODAY AT CHELTENHAM
- Click here for all of Wednesday’s Racecards
- Not got a clue who to back? Our footy quiz will help
- LIVE BLOG: All the action as it happens on Day 2
It’s a hard race to get your head around but Paddy Power is paying seven places in this one, which is pretty compelling. I’m going to go with Grand Roi for Denise Foster and Jack Kennedy. This has been the plan for a while and Grand Roi has been the antepost favourite for ages. The fact you can get seven places is key, surely Grand Roi finishes in the top seven!
Chacun Pour Soi looks like the one that could blow everyone else away but if he’s odds-on, I think that’s a bit short as there are Grade 1 winners in there. Chacun Pour Soi hasn’t done it at Cheltenham yet (it’s not his fault, he hasn’t had the chance) but I think that Put The Kettle On, last year’s Arkle winner, is a good each-way shout. He loves Cheltenham and has great course form. You have to back Put The Kettle On in the knowledge that Chacun Pour Soi could blow everyone else away in this one.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Easysland did so well last year and as an even favourite, I think it’s a fair price. Tiger Roll hasn’t looked good this year and might have finally fallen out of love with the game. Easysland should win but the ground could play a part. If it somehow becomes really sunny and the ground dries up, then look elsewhere, but I think we’ll be alright.
I’ve got my eye on Entoucas for Joseph Patrick O’Brien but I’m going for On The Slopes to back a runner at a bigger price with a bit of value. Its ran at Cheltenham plenty of times and has good course form. On The Slopes might be well handicapped so an each way punt is worth a go.
I’m going against Sir Gerhard and Kilcruit at the top of the market and going with Elle Est Belle. It could be a stupid pick as the form isn’t great but I’m hoping it’s come on a lot recently. The Skelton yard has been flying all season so it’s worth a couple on it.
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for all 4 days of the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s NAP for each day of 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Our Championship races cheat sheet for the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s sizzling Lucky 15 for the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: 5 former festival winners Paddy’s pundits think will strike again in 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle antepost bets
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s County Hurdle antepost picks
- Cheltenham tips: Gina Bryce’s top picks in the championship races