Jason Weaver’s Friday Racing Tips
Only having his second start for the new stable, OCEAN RIDGE unsurprisingly steps up in distance to 1m 1f with the extra furlong looking sure to suit with the way he hit the line recently at Wolverhampton.
The Faulkner have done incredibly well with other cast-offs and he may have found an ideal opportunity here to break his duck, especially from his inside starting position from stall one.
MELEKI has raced quite enthusiastically of late, especially last time after a very slow start at Newcastle so dropping back down in distance to one mile ideal. The form of her debut effort around here over slightly further looks pretty decent for this level, so an opening handicap mark of 64 looks within reach for this daughter of Muhaarar.
AFTERWARDS has a decent pedigree being related to a couple of triple-digit runners and it’s not like trainer Ollie Pears to throw him in at the deep end, like he did at Chester last May after winning his novice race at Newmarket.
He was given a decent break after that and put in a nice reappearance run at Newcastle last time, he was a little keen and gassy there, so that should put him spot-on for Friday night’s assignment.
The drop to Classified company can see BASHOLO return to the winner’s enclosure over a course and distance that she has form at from slightly higher marks.
Connections take a valuable 5lbs off her back and she also has the inside starting position in stall one. She clearly wasn’t helped by running extremely wide last time at this venue which cost her all opportunity of winning. She has a lot in her favour at this level.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
CAMACHO STAR has built himself a decent All Weather profile, having only finished out of the first three once from six efforts. He has recent winning form over this 7f distance and drops back a furlong after proving a bit of a handful over the mile at Southwell last time.
He certainly won’t get many better opportunities to double his winning tally on a synthetic surface.
Jason Weaver’s Wolverhampton Racing Tips
SATURDAY’S RACING TIPS
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best Saturday bets at Wincanton
- Horse Racing Tips: Timeform’s Saturday picks at Newcastle including a 3/1 play
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s top Saturday picks for ITV Racing
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Racing punter pockets €125,000 on €10 each-way 5-leg acca
- Horse Racing calendar: Key Jumps races and fixtures including Cheltenham Festival 2024
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps campaign
- Horse Racing: Frank Hickey’s 5 to follow for the 2023/34 jumps season
- When is the Ryanair Chase 2024? Cheltenham date, start time, runners and betting