Saturday’s Lucky 15 tips
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Each and every day of the racing year we bring you a bumper NAPS Table to give you the inside scoop on all the plays you’ll need that day.
Don’t know what a NAPs Table is? We’ll tell you! It’s an independently run competition involving the cream of the British and Irish racing press whose positions in the table are based on their profits to Level Stakes. And just like all sports competitions worldwide, those doing best are towards the top of the table.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
So, we decided to put that golden guide to the test and use it to steer you towards what could be a savvy Lucky 15 (4 horses, 15 bets) today. The four you’ll see below are the selections of some of the top-performing tipsters in the Table. Let’s get to the picks…
FORTESCUE made a creditable reappearance fourth to Wednesday’s easy Welsh Grand National winner Nassalam at Chepstow (2m7f, heavy) three weeks ago; below form in four attempts over 3m4f+ but they came in the Grand National (twice), Welsh Grand National and the Grand National Trial here; this is clearly easier and he shapes as if he’ll stay.
Having won his three races in impressive style, JOHNNYWHO looks an exciting prospect and brings stacks of potential to this higher grade. He’s first choice ahead of Willmount, another unbeaten contender who has any amount of further progress in him. Captain Teague has strong credentials and sets the standard as things stand, while a few others are improving types whose limitations aren’t yet exposed.
Point winner; PEDLEY WOOD had wind surgery before last run and fitted in a first-time tongue-tie, all of which seemingly helped in making a successful debut over fences at Hereford (3m1f, good); did drop to last before rallying in a race that fell to bits, so the form looks a bit dodgy; only up 4lb though and open to further improvement.
MAPOGO was well beaten in two bumpers for Harry Derham but he did go off favourite on the first occasion and fared a lot better switched to the Flat for George Boughey over 8.6f here 11 days ago, finishing 6.5l second behind a useful prospect; down in trip; in the right hands to progress.
Saturday’s Lucky 15 tips
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Saturday’s Racing Tips
- NAP of the Day: Today’s Best Horse Racing Tips across the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s shouts for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s picks for Saturday’s ITV Racing action
- Horse Racing Tips: Rory Delargy’s ITV Racing Best Bets for Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s Top Taunton bets on Saturday
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest horse racing tips
- Horse Racing calendar: Key Jumps races and fixtures including Cheltenham Festival 2024
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps campaign
- Horse Racing: Frank Hickey’s 5 to follow for the 2023/34 jumps season