*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The two likely principals have form which ties in with the high-class Concertista. That mare’s stablemate DOLCITA has been nursed back to form since her return to the Mullins team and can take the measure of Darrens Hope. Best of the others may be Fort Worth Texas if near to a peak of form on her comeback.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
A very open contest and not many can be ruled out. John Adams and Exit To The West lock horns again and there should be less between them here than at Punchestown. Conqueredalofeurope went very close on his handicap debut over C&D last month and should run well. Plenty of others have chances too, but it might pay to side with top-weight JACKSONS GOLD whose hurdles form is the best on offer and should be able to win off this mark.
If forgiven a disappointing effort off his much lower hurdles mark, LORD LARIAT has a clear chance on the basis of his progressive chase form. Likewise, The Dabbler, who prospered in the closing months of last season and may reverse Porterstown Chase running with Smoking Gun. Discorama and Off You Go are the best horses in the race, but may not manage the weight concession at this point in their respective campaigns.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Not the hottest novice hurdle in the world. Hammersmith and Hollow Sound set a standard on ratings which is certainly attainable. Tempo Chapter Two and The Gradual Slope should run their race, while Black Sirius is interesting, but the one to beat is INNOVATED, a decisive winner of a maiden hurdle here last month with more improvement in him.
A couple of interesting runners but two horses set the standard. HMS Seahorse has run into two very good Elliott juveniles so far and has an obvious chance, but one that might be improving a little more rapidly is GLOBAL EXPORT on the back of his very good second at Naas last week.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
Not many count here, and perhaps Joseph O’Brien’s IGRAINE will prove good enough to cope with the Willie Mullins-trained Heia. Yenedon, Cool Rain and See A Stride have place claims.
This looks like a match. Despite her lack of hurdling experience, bumper winner BURN THE EVIDENCE is slightly preferred to Gjoumi, whose fourth in a Grade 3 event two years ago is by far the best form on display here. Splashing Out is worth a look for future reference.
Cases can be made for a number of these, including the consistent Kashi, top-weight Endlessly, Punchestown third Magnor Glory and the unexposed Barncroft and Better Times Ahead. A market check is advised with Rebellious Gale, but it is hard to overlook the claims of DANCING JEREMY (nap) who bolted up on his stable debut over fences at Cork and has a 12lb pull now over flights.
Fairyhouse tips today
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle pick as we go Non Runner Money Back all races
- Cheltenham Tips: A 12/1 punt tops Frank Hickey’s Cheltenham Gold Cup best bets
- Ruby Walsh: Shishkin will beat Willie Mullins pair in the Champion Chase
- Ruby Walsh: Appreciate It is the only horse that could beat Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle
- Ruby Walsh: I’d choose to ride Galvin over conflated in the Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Frank Hickey: Sir Gerhard wins the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle if his jumping is ok
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 Irish runners to thrive as Paddy is NRMB on all races
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races