* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
BONITA B has had plenty of chances to open her account, but her consistency is hard to knock, and perhaps this can finally be her day now dropped into claiming company for the first time. Shurut is a newcomer from a good stable and would very much need considering if the market speaks in her favour. Top-weight Brilliant News ran well in a course and distance nursery last time and should also play a part from the inside stall.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
This doesn’t look at all a strong race, and ATHEBY, who contested the Solario Stakes on just his second start (won by Reach For The Moon), has a big form edge. His best effort came when beaten a short head by a useful type in a conditions event at Salisbury in September, and he is best not judged on his latest start at Newmarket when getting worked up beforehand.
He should be hard to beat here. Kempton runner-up Roamin In Gloamin is next on the list ahead of Thomas Equinas and Golden Whisper, who both have the potential to take a step forward.
SIXTH STREET finished second to a useful sort on debut and holds the edge on form in this contest. She is fancied to go one better than her recent course and distance second to open her account at the fourth attempt in what doesn’t look the strongest contest.
Newcomer Conflict has the potential to have a big say though, especially if the market speaks in his favour. Income needs considering too on her all-weather debut.
FAUVETTE has progressed nicely this year, winning twice, and is well worth another chance having shaped better than the bare result at Lingfield last time. That race didn’t appear to get to the bottom of her and the form of her course and distance win last month reads well in the context of this race. Mount Mogan made a pleasing start for his new connections a fortnight ago and is second choice.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
NUBOUGH certainly hasn’t been a prolific winner to date, notching only one win which came in January 2019, but he was having only his second outing for this yard when going close over 5 furlongs here last time.
The return to 6 furlongs ought to be in his favour and he looks the percentage call in an open event. Got No Dollars has done well since joining Stuart Williams and heads the dangers along with Suzi’s Connoisseur.
ATALANTA BREEZE opened her account for the season over this trip at Wolverhampton in September, and ran better in defeat when beaten only by a progressive Sir Mark Prescott three-year-old on her next start.
She was disappointing over 2m at this course last time, off the bridle a long way out, but didn’t run too badly on the figures. This doesn’t look as strong of a race, and she is fancied to get back on the up. This is a drop in class for Pianissimo and he may give Marcus Tregoning’s mare most to do.
Andrew Balding’s TYPEWRITTEN should have learned plenty from her debut at Wolverhampton, where she was too green to do herself justice. She gets the nod at the chief expense of Peripeteia, who holds the edge on form but was below her best when a beaten odds-on favourite in that race and is now fitted with a hood. True Warrior appeals as the pick of the remainder.
GET FAST RESULTS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
- WE’VE GOT ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU NEED
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Racing Post Gold Cup: Our runner-by-runner guide to the 15 Cheltenham contenders
- Cheltenham International Hurdle: Our runner-by-runner guide as Song For Someone faces 6 rivals
- Welsh Grand National: Highland Hunter the favourite after Sandown success
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up