* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Tomorrow’s Angel and Metal Man are closely matched on latest Catterick running and can go well, but it’s hard to escape the claims of the flourishing LINDWALL. Sir Mark Prescott’s three-year-old threatens to be even better suited by 2m and can defy his penalty to make it four wins in a row.
This will take a bit of winning with most of them in form, and Golden Hind and Greengage look particularly dangerous. However, MISS PALOMA (NAP) is a well-bred three-year-old filly fully entitled to step up on what she showed on her recent handicap debut at Kempton. This longer trip on a stiffer track should be right up her street.
Midheaven and Pink Crystal are newcomers of note and market support for either would be encouraging. Foxy Rascal won well here on her latest start and remains capable of better, but NEPTUNIAN may be the answer. His Newbury fifth looks a solid effort, perhaps all the more so as he raced further from the stands’ rail than those who beat him, and he should have plenty more to come.
Something of a slow learner, KINGOFHELL may well have more to give now that he’s handicapping at a sensible level and is preferred to Dark Terms, who’s been hammered with a 9lbs rise for last month’s easy Kempton win. Yesterday’s easy Wolverhampton winner Pocket The Profit will clearly be the one to beat if turned out again quickly though.
A son of the stable’s useful course and distance winner Love Island, VARIETY ISLAND improved sharply upon his three turf efforts when landing a touch here 11 days ago and can defy a 7lbs rise. Kendred Fire will find this easier than at Ayr last time and is a danger.
Jewel Maker and recent course and distance winner Soaring Star are contenders, but returning to this track could be the catalyst for SERENADING to take her form to the next level. Twice a winner here last September, she’s run in some good races on turf this summer while leaving the impression she still had more to come.
Top Table and Baltic Coast, preferred in that order, have been placed recently and have had only three starts between them, so should be open to improvement. However, a chance is taken that SUBSTANTIAL can build on the clear promise of his Newmarket debut, despite having had nearly a year off since.
Anthony Brittain’s four-year-old SPARTAN FIGHTER had a low-key turf campaign in spring/summer, but he ran well when third over 7 furlongs here three weeks ago and today’s drop back to 6 furlongs might enable him to capitalise upon a favourable mark. Gowanlad is also well handicapped and is second choice, ahead of Captain Vallo and Lady Celia.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Your best bets at Huntingdon on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: A classy 9/2 shot leads our Hereford selections today
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker