* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV coverage on the final day of Royal Ascot 2021 gets under way with the Listed Chesham Stakes over 7 furlongs for juveniles. Oisin Murphy is very keen on the chance of MASEKELA, and that’s good enough for me! The youngster won on debut at Goodwood in decent style and is bred to love this extra furlong. Any ground should be all right, and he must have each-way claims for Andrew Balding.
Now we’ve got the Group 3 Jersey Stakes for three-year-old over 7 furlongs. Dubai dominates the top of the betting, but NAVAL CROWN really should run well for Charlie Appleby and William Buick. Used as a pacemaker in the 2000 Guineas, he ran a corker to finish fourth and the drop to this trip should be ideal. He goes on any ground and has track form, so he is huge each-way chance.
We’re up to Group 2 class here with the Hardwicke Stakes over 1m 4f and this is wide open. ILLARAAB is stepping up in class, but he just keeps on winning and might be up to this for William Haggas and Tom Marquand. Going up to this trip at York last time, he improved again to land a handicap in great style and he has the ability to go on any surface. He has to find another 5lbs here, but might well do so.
There should be top class action here with the Group 1 Diamond Stakes over 6 furlongs. GLEN SHIEL was a big-priced winner of Champions Sprint at Ascot in October and he’s decent odds again for Archie Watson and Hollie Doyle. That said, I reckon he’s got strong each-way claims and ratings wise he’s bang in the mix. He had a warm-up over at the Curragh too, when fourth behind Gustavus Weston.
One of the big betting races of the week here in the Wokingham Stakes over 6 furlongs. GULLIVER should be a big price and is not easy to predict. That said, he’s down to a very handy mark now of 99 and can never be ignored in these races. Danny Tudhope rides for David O’Meara and my hope was not disgraced at York last time, suggesting at the age of seven he can still produce a telling display.
We’re in handicap company now with a 1m 2f event for three-year-old. KING FRANKEL should have won at Epsom last time and even though he’s up another 3lbs here, he is not out of it. The track seemed to be against him at the Derby fixture and he remains a promising handicapper for Mark Johnston. Frankie Dettori is an interesting jockey booking as well.
Royal Ascot 2021 closes with the Queen Alexandra Stakes over an extended 2m 5f. Not an easy get out, but I see no reason why the Chester Cup winner FALCON EIGHT won’t take all the beating for Dermot Weld and Frankie Dettori. The trip should be no issue and he brings in plenty of class with a BHA rating of 110.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s smart selections for Royal Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 slicks picks at Royal Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets at Royal Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 7 to back at Royal Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Royal Ascot cheat sheet for day 5