ICE SPRITE is a promising sort who has improved to win her last two starts in handicaps, proving her opening mark all wrong when comfortably opening her account at Newmarket last month, and showing her stamina for this trip when following up in soft ground at Windsor last time.
She overcame unfavourable circumstances on that occasion too, having to switch two furlongs out and hampered in the final furlong, but stayed on strongly to prevail.
Ice Sprite has been raised a further 6lb in the weights, but that looks fair, and she is strongly fancied to complete a hat-trick.
CHAIRMANOFTHEBOARD looked potentially smart when bolting up in a soft-ground minor event over course and distance on debut in 2018, and though he didn’t progress as expected, he has reinvented himself dropped back to sprint trips.
He proved better than ever when winning a handicap at Newmarket last month, proving much too good for some established types, and he has since run well in the Stewards’ Cup again over course and distance.
Likely softer conditions shouldn’t be a problem for him, and he could prove too classy for some of these able to race off the same mark.
LUNA MAGIC bounced back to form to take advantage of a reduced mark on debut for this yard last year and has won a further two times since.
She ran creditably on her fibresand debut at Southwell when last seen in March, leaving the impression she is still on a good mark.
Luna Magic is effective with cut in the ground and should give a good account here under a capable amateur that has won three times on her.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s magnificent 7 for Sunday’s ITV Racing at Goodwood & Perth
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to thrive for Sunday’s action on the tellybox
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 4 to score at Goodwood on Sunday’s ITV Racing