FAVORITE MOON should win for William Haggas. Full stop.
It appeared SHALE was somewhat unfancied the last day at Leopardstown when winning the Silver Flash at 14/1, but there was no fluke about how she did it.
She had Pretty Gorgeous and Snowfall behind her that day and it is hard to make a case for why they will turn the form around.
She won her maiden at Gowran Park on soft so the ground shouldn’t be any hinderance here.
SINJAARI was an extremely impressive winner of the John Smith’s Cup on his seasonal reappearance, where he was value for more than the winning distance and the subsequent performances of Certain Lad and Dark Jedi giving the form a solid look.
Still open to improvement after only nine career starts, he looks likely to be contesting group races by the end of the season and can prove that a new mark of 103 underestimates his ability.
Jessie Harrington’s colt can follow up a comfortable nine length victory at Leopardstown, to give her a first win in the race since Dragon Pulse in 2011.
Aiden O’Brien has farmed this Futurity Stakes with six of the last seven winners, however all of those winners had achieved a lot more to date than his runners this year – with Van Gogh looking his most promising.
With pace either side of CADILLAC, I can see the race setting up perfect for him to unleash the turn of foot he showed at Leopardstown and take this one for Harrington.
Although keen and trapped out wide on his latest start at Goodwood, SOCIETY LION managed to win the race quite easily.
A 5lb rise looks lenient from the handicapper and assuming he handles the surface here, he should be hard to beat for Sir Michael Stoute.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 9 nifty punts at Sandown and York on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Lucky 15 for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- York races tips: Timeform’s race-by-race guide to Saturday at the 2020 Ebor Festival
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s lively Lucky 15 for Saturday’s UK and Irish action
- Curragh tips: Our fab 4 best bets for Saturday’s meeting