* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Guru is a well-related colt who looked potentially smart when making a winning debut in a strong minor event at Newbury last season (good form) and may be worth forgiving a poor run at Kempton when last seen in August. He started at 9/4-on that day, so was clearly expected to do an awful lot better, the switch to an artificial surface a possible excuse. Guru is a colt who has plenty of scope, just the type that could progress markedly as a three-year-old, and this looks a good starting point for him.
Lincoln Park isn’t long with Tom Dascombe and proved at least as good as ever when ending a losing run at Southwell last time. That was his first run for four months, and he was strong in the market, so clearly something had clicked since he was last seen. There is an element of him relishing the fibresand, but such was the authority of that success he looks very well treated from a 2 lb higher mark. Lincoln Park has form on turf and conditions shouldn’t pose a problem, so he looks a big player.
Sarvan looked a useful prospect when winning a maiden at Pontefract last season but didn’t progress as expected afterwards. He underwent a breathing operation ahead of his return to action at Wolverhampton last month, and shaped with promise to be narrowly beaten in third by a thriving winner. Sarvan shaped like the best horse at the weights on that occasion, and the return to a bigger field and likely stronger pace will be right up his street. He is the type to win more races from this sort of mark and he is a strong choice to hit the frame.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- New to Paddy? Click here for our £/€10 risk-free sign up offer
- Grand National Festival: Dates and race times for 2021 Aintree meeting
- Party Time at Punchestown as Paddy pens three-year Champion Hurdle sponsorship deal