* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
OUT OF REASON remains a promising type, and is one to be interested in following his narrow defeat on handicap debut at Wolverhampton last time. He was beaten only by a much better fancied stablemate on that occasion, and wasn’t seen to best effect – losing his place around half-way and having to wait for a gap when making headway a furlong from home. Out of Reason kept on well once in the clear and looks a sure-fire future winner having been raised 3lbs in the weights.
SARGASSO SEA is bred to be smart and she fetched a whopping €520,000 at the Breeze-Ups last year. She shaped with plenty of encouragement when finishing second to an improving previous winner at Newcastle last time, looming up over a furlong out and looking the likely winner. She lacked the know-how and perhaps fitness there and rates the type that will take a big step forward now to go one place better.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
This is a very competitive sprint handicap, but BENNY AND THE JETS looked the winner for much of the straight when runner-up over course and distance earlier this month and remains on a good mark having been raised 1lb in the weights. He was beaten by a course specialist on that occasion and should get a good run round from a nice draw in stall 4. It will be hard to keep out of the frame if in the same form.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 to savour at Leicester on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s best bets for EVERY race at Plumpton on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the new jumps season