They’ve spent years having their butts kicked at Cheltenham – so the powers that be in British racing have finally decided to do something about it.
Kidnap Willie Mullins? Promise Gordon Elliott an MBE if he swaps sides? Hide Rachel Blackmore’s passport?
Nothing so radical (we hope) but what they have decided to do is introduce a stack of Premier Racedays over the next two years to get the best that British racing has to offer front-and-centre on the tellybox, when the big race-days roll around.
And guess what – it’s already started. Huzzah!
Up to 170 cards will be run under the Premier Raceday banner and 100 per cent (that’s full marks, right?) will be on terrestrial tv. The aim is to have the cream rise to the top with the best horses, in the best races, getting the best coverage.
And while we’re all busy working out who’ll will the Stayers Hurdle at the Festival – Paddy’s gone Non Runner Money Back on All Festival races but there’s still a stack of races in between to look forward to under the Premier Raceday banner.
So book the remote and get yourself involved in the action.
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 9/1 and 12/1 non runner money back Hunters Chase picks
- Cheltenham Tips: A lucky 15 to set the scene from Mick Fitzgerald
- Cheltenham Tips: Rory Delargy’s 8/1 non runner money back Kim Muir Chase bet
- Cheltenham Tips: Rory Delargy’s 9/1 Hunters Chase non runner money back bet
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s non runner money back picks include a 16/1 opening day play
- Cheltenham Free Bet Offers: Why Paddy’s better than the rest for Festival fun