It may have taken a while for warm weather to hit Britain but there’s barely been a cloud in the sky since the start of May.
That has meant quick ground across the board and Royal Ascot looks set to be no different if the gods of the meteorology game have got it spot on.
While you would expect plenty of sunshine and the mercury to soar during the summer months, you can’t exactly rely on the Great British weather…
If you’re planning to have a punt on any of today’s races at Royal Ascot, it’s only sensible to do plenty of research as drying ground or overnight watering could bring a number of horses into play.
We’re helpful folks here at Paddy Power News so we’ve done a spot of amateur meteorology to bring you the latest weather forecast as well as the official going at Ascot.
Royal Ascot odds are on the Paddy Power website and Paddy Power app, otherwise details of the weather forecast and latest going can be found below.
Ascot Weather Forecast
It is forecast to be another glorious day at Royal Ascot on Saturday, with the mercury tipped to reach 27 degrees celsius. It has been dry since Tuesday morning so racegoers don’t need to worry about taking an umbrella as clear skies are expected.
The latest inspection on Friday, June 22 has the official going as Good to Firm on the Straight course and Good to Firm on the Round course. The clerk of the course applied 5mm of water to the Straight course and 4mm to the Round course after racing on Thursday.
The following seven races take place at Royal Ascot on Saturday, June 24:
- 2:30pm: Chesham Stakes (Listed)
- 3:05pm: Jersey Stakes (Group 3)
- 3:40pm: Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Stakes (Group 1)
- 4:20pm: Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)
- 5:00pm: Wokingham Stakes (Heritage Handicap)
- 5:35pm: Golden Gates Stakes
- 6:10pm: Queen Alexandra Stakes
Paddy Power News is the home of top tips and best bets for Royal Ascot 2023. Our superstar stable of pundits includes Ruby Walsh, one of the most successful jockeys in the history of the sport. We’ve also got exclusive columns from the likes of ITV Racing expert Matt Chapman and former jockey Jason Weaver.
- Horse Racing Tips: Paddy Power’s epic Royal Ascot Cheat Sheet for Day 5
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Stakes tips and runner-by-runner guide to Ascot 3.40 on Saturday
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s super selections for Royal Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Day 5 at Royal Ascot
- Royal Ascot Tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Saturday’s action
- Horse Racing Tips: Jason Weaver’s slick picks for day 5 at Royal Ascot
Read These Next on the Royal Ascot 2023
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest horse racing tips
- Ascot Racecard: Your ultimate guide to Saturday’s 7 races at Royal Ascot 2023
- Royal Ascot 2023 race times and day-by-day schedule