*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The girls take centre stage at Newmarket on Sunday, but who is the favourite with Paddy Power for the 1000 Guineas?
Inspiral, last year’s champion two-year-old filly, was the longtime market leader but has been withdrawn after joint-trainer John Gosden recently revealed she had “missed some days training at a critical stage of her preparation”.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Aidan O’Brien has saddled the last three winners of the race but it was his second string, Mother Earth, who stormed to glory 12 months ago as stablemate and joint-favourite, Santa Barbara, could only finish fourth with the other leading fancy, Alcohol Free, in fifth.
We’ve had a look at our latest odds for Sunday’s 1000 Guineas at Newmarket and picked out the three horses at the top of the market.
The Cheveley Park Stakes winner was two from two last season after successfully following up her maiden success at Naas. The daughter of Caravaggio has never raced beyond 6f but is the highest-rated filly in the potential field.
A form-reversing victory over Agartha in the Group 1 Moyglare Stud Stakes last September has Mrs John Harrington’s prospect prominent in our market.
Ballydoyle’s second string lost to Discoveries by a short head in her first career start before breaking her maiden status at the second time of asking over one mile at Naas in March.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- When is the 1000 Guineas? Newmarket date, start time, runners, draw & betting
- When is the 2000 Guineas? 2022 date, start time and betting for Newmarket race
- 2000 Guineas favourites: Paddy Power’s leading contenders for Newmarket glory
- When is the 2023 Cheltenham Festival? Next year’s dates for your diary