Our traders have installed Protektorat as the early favourite for the Paddy Power Gold Cup after entries for next month’s big race at Cheltenham were revealed.
A total of 45 horses have been put forward for the Grade 3 handicap with our name on it on Saturday, November 13 and Protektorat – part-owned by Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson – heads Paddy’s antepost betting market.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Dan Skelton’s progressive charge won a novices’ chase over course and distance last year before rounding off the season in fine style with a 3¾l defeat of The Shunter in the Manifesto Novices’ Chase at Aintree.
Fergie’s fellow part-owner John Hales believes it’s all systems go for Protektorat to deliver a resounding run in the Paddy Power Gold Cup.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
“It was an excellent performance at Aintree and, fingers crossed, I genuinely think this is a very good horse. He’s had a few niggling problems, but he was fit that day and produced a lovely performance,” said Hales.
“The Paddy Power Gold Cup is the early season target and this race was always the plan over the summer after that performance. He has matured very well in the summer, grown up physically and developed very well and this was the logical target to go for.”
Despite failing to win since November 2018, Lalor is second in our antepost betting market for the Paddy Power Gold Cup. Paul Nicholls also has Hitman – third in the Manifesto Novices’ Chase – Magic Saint and Simply The Betts entered.
Last year’s first four home – Coole Cody, Spiritofthegames, Al Dancer and Kauto Riko – are also in contention to run.
7/1 – Protektorat
8/1 – Lalor
12/1 – Caribean Boy
14/1 – Alnadam, Coconut Splash, Fusil Raffles, Hitman, Midnight Splash, Simply The Betts
16/1 – Dostal Phil, Espoir De Romay, Up The Straight
20/1 – Al Dancer, Assemble, Belargus, Cepage, Coole Cody, Financier, Laskalin, Pistol Whipped, Senior Citizen, Zanza
25/1 – BAR
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season
- Cheltenham Festival: Monkfish injury shakes up Gold Cup 2022 antepost market
- Cheltenham Festival: Honeysuckle tops Champion Hurdle 2022 antepost market
- Cheltenham Festival: Shishkin the early favourite for Champion Chase 2022
- Cheltenham Festival: Third Time Lucki cut to 14/1 for Arkle Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: When is the 2022 Cheltenham Festival at Prestbury Park?