* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Cool Country has the ability to win races off his current mark, but he has looked vulnerable in a finish and lacking a run might not be ideal either. Maasai Warrior needs fearing in his bid for a hat-trick, but DO IT FOR THY SEN has a race in him and, unlike some of these, the recent rain won’t have hindered his chance.
The most appealing option is SMUGGLER’S BLUES (NAP), who wasn’t beaten far in a higher grade last time and he can be relied upon to give his running. That’s A Given is up and down, but could be the danger if putting his best foot forward.
Nicky Henderson’s PARISIAN BLUE is bred to be smart, and she made an encouraging debut at Chepstow. Some of the newcomers are interesting but The Wild Wild Sea could be the main threat if replicating her debut effort at Newbury.
Although Methusalar has shown some ability twice on good ground, he almost certainly has his work cut out against bumper winners GLENCASSLEY and Imperial Hope. The last named has also won an Irish point, but Glencassley’s taking sixth of 18 in the Grade 2 bumper at Aintree one month ago earns him the vote.
With the extra distance sure to suit this is a golden opportunity for MACKELDUFF to fulfil the promise of his first two runs. P T Barnum hinted at a future last time and, also raised in trip, he may offer the most resistance.
It was a decent effort by LADY CHUFFNELL at Perth, as that was a competitive handicap in which she finished a close sixth and she doesn’t always pull so hard as that day. Hereia is the main threat, though Supreme Yeats is a definite contender and Waterlefe Getaway could be a dark one.
Brian Ellison’s EL JEFE did everything but win at Perth and expect him to arrive a little later on the scene this evening. First Quest is perhaps his main threat after returning to form at Chepstow, though Hurricane Ali and Twycross Warrior are others to consider.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 fancies to follow at the York Festival
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Lingfield on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 must-see picks for Monday’s meetings
- Horse Racing tips: A lively 13/2 play heads our best bets at Catterick today