* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Several of these should be winning races over hurdles in due course and the pick of them could be HOMME PUBLIC, who fits the bill on pedigree and has achieved a fairly useful level of form in two outings in France. The chief danger may well be Feldspar, who made a pleasing hurdling debut at Musselburgh, while Tinnahalla and Warranty could also be involved in the shake-up.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
Sean Quinlan was also aboard when SHALLOW RUN looked a natural chaser in winning so well at Musselburgh and she can deal with the 9lb rise. K’chou Du Pecos AA goes chasing after two respectable efforts over hurdles and this is a drop in grade for him.
A competitive staying handicap, most of the field approaching the race in good form. With Laura Morgan continuing to fire in the winners, Big Penny should again go well, but she meets an unexposed rival in SMALL PRESENT, who could improve sufficiently for today’s stiffer test of stamina to notch his first win. Last-time-out scorers Legalized and Jessiemac are not dismissed lightly, while Wbee is much respected at the foot of the weights.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
It’s not easy to oppose the likeable Carrolls Milan but she has to concede lumps of weight to GIPSY LEE ROSE and Nick Alexander’s 7yo gets the vote after two fine efforts in defeat. Whatsdastory may still be unexposed under rules and is another to consider in an interesting race.
This is a big field of maiden hurdlers but there’s not much strength in depth and BARRICHELLO may only have to repeat the form of his C&D second to come out on top. Fakenham runner-up Ripper Roo is the obvious danger, although market support for Omar Maretti, One Fine Man or Shaymin would be significant.
A few of these could go well if putting their best foot forward and they include NEWBERRY NEW, who ran his first good race for a while at Leicester three weeks ago. Zee Man is of obvious interest after winning so well on his chase/stable debut, though he was anything but reliable for his former yard.
Much improved on his handicap debut last week, DONLADD (nap) can race off the same mark today and he looks the one to beat with Theo Gillard’s 6lb claim an added bonus. Durouyn and Adelphi Prince are in good form and could make the frame again but perhaps the biggest danger to the selection will come from Tumbling Dice, who shaped better than the bare result at Market Rasen.
The Racing Post’s tips at Catterick today
More tips for Friday
- Timeform’s 7 super selections at Lingfield on Friday
- Jason Weaver’s 6 best bets for the Friday night lights
- Our 4 selections to follow at Dundalk on Friday
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novice Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices Chase