* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A competitive heat, but a chance is taken on handicap debutant KEY COMMANDER who might be capable of progress now handicapping over a longer trip. Loch Luatha has a poor strike-rate, but has been running well of late and he’s worthy of respect having won this race before.
This has an open look to it, but CHAMPAGNE BEAUTY might represent a bit of value. She had looked progressive prior to a disappointing effort at Fairyhouse last time and that effort might be worth forgiving on handicap debut here.
All The Chimneys goes well around here and is likely to be high on any shortlist, while Espion Du Chenet looks progressive. Benefit Run and Dakota Moirette are two more to consider after solid placed efforts last time out.
Since STRANGE NOTIONS has run well when fresh in the past it may be worth taking a chance with this course and distance maiden winner who’s previous Leopardstown fifth amounts to solid handicap form.
The in-form Sullane Hill is an obvious danger. Stamina Chope may be capable of improvement. Consistent maiden Lucky Phil has an each-way chance.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
There was no fluke about the 80/1 debut win of BORN PATRIOT and if he progresses from that run, he looks the one to beat – getting weight from his main rivals. Frontal Assault could be the main danger if cheekpieces have the desired effect.
Some notable newcomers in here including Fama Et Gloria, King Kali and Fassadinan, but preference is for COTTIE who takes a drop in class here and wasn’t disgraced at Listed level last time. Fais Ton Chemin is an obvious danger for a yard with an excellent record in these races.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 tasty punts at Southwell on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 6 slick picks at Fakenham on Sunday
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!