*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
England can guarantee their passage into the World Cup last 16 by beating the USA in their second Group B fixture on Friday evening.
The Three Lions kicked off their Qatar 2022 campaign with a 6-2 thumping of sorry Iran but are set to face a stiffer test of their credentials against the Stars and Stripes, who opened their tournament by drawing with Wales.
England boast eight wins from 11 meetings with the USA but have yet to beat them in two previous World Cup matches, the most recent being the 1-1 draw in 2010 when Rob Green failed to stop Clint Dempsey’s pearoller.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
Gregg Berhalter’s team were denied all three points against Wales on Monday as Gareth Bale’s late penalty cancelled out Tim Weah’s first-half strike.
Paddy’s digging deep into his pocket to give you a completely FREE Bet Builder to spend on this match – and every other England game at the first winter World Cup.
You can check out the latest England v USA odds on the Paddy Power website and Paddy Power app, otherwise everything you need to know about the World Cup Group B fixture is below.
England v USA date and kick-off time
England v USA is scheduled to kick off at 19:00 GMT on Friday, November 25. You can watch the match live on ITV1 and RTÉ2.
England v USA team news
Captain Harry Kane has been passed fit after a scan on his ankle. Harry Maguire was forced off during the second half of England’s win against Iran due to illness but is expected to be fit to face the USA and earn his 50th cap. James Maddison was ruled out of the Three Lions’ opener and did not feature in training on Thursday.
England predicted lineup: Pickford; Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Bellingham, Rice, Mount; Sterling, Saka, Kane
USA predicted lineup: Turner; Dest, Zimmerman, Ream, Robinson; McKennie, Adams, Aaronson; Weah, Sargent, Pulisic
England v USA betting
The latest England v USA match odds can be seen on our snazzy betting widgets below.
England v USA tips
Paddy Power News is your home for World Cup betting tips with expert insight from the likes of Peter Crouch, Mark Lawrenson and Phil Thompson. We’ll bring you their England v USA betting tips as soon as they’ve spoken to Paddy!
- Crouchy’s Shouts: Kane the key in action packed England v USA betting tips
- Bet Builder Tips: 5 England v USA World Cup punts to ponder for your free bet
- World Cup Tips: England v USA Bet Builder 11/1 Bet Builder selections from Paddy’s top trader
- World Cup Tips: 13/2 punt among Lawro’s 4 Friday flutters including England & Wales
England v USA prediction
Mark Lawrenson: England played well, they started off at a high tempo. They scored early and put it to bed early against a dire Iran side. They’ll be sweating on Harry Kane’s fitness even though that scan seems to be okay. He’s had a few ankle injuries over the years. USA will swarm all over them like bees but I just don’t see a USA victory. I see a narrow 2-1 win to England.
Friday’s World Cup Tips
- England v USA correct score pick among Lawro’s World Cup predictions
- 23/10 pick in Thommo’s Wales v Iran betting tips preview
- Qatar v Senegal Bet Builder tips
- Netherlands v Ecuador betting tips provides Depay delight
- Kane the key for Crouchy’s England v USA betting tips
Read More on England at the World Cup
- England World Cup betting offer: Paddy’s giving you free Bet Builders for EVERY game
- England World Cup fixtures: Who are the Three Lions playing at Qatar 2022?
- World Cup tips: Phil Thompson’s 42/1 flutter on England’s Qatar 2022 chances
- England World Cup predicted lineup: Southgate’s starting XI v USA