* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
We have a cracking accumulator for you to get the weekend started in the right way, and it includes a big Friday night lights clash in front of the television cameras between Everton and Spurs.
Both these sides promised so much earlier in the season and may yet end the season with something to shout about, as they still have faint hopes of a top-four finish.
This game sees seventh and eighth in the Championship table lock horns and it should be a tight affair. Reading come into this game on the back of 2-0 loss to on-song Watford last Friday, while Mick McCarthy’s Cardiff threw away three points after the concession of a late equaliser against Blackburn last time out.
Both these sides will be looking to get their push for a play-off place back on track, but it should be the home side who prevail. Before that defeat to Watford, Reading had only lost once in eight matches and were gathering a lot of momentum.
Friday 18:00 – Reading v Cardiff City
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Football
Cardiff, on the other hand still don’t seem right after their 5-0 drubbing from Sheffield Wednesday a couple of weeks ago and the late leveller last weekend against Blackburn suggests they remain a little vulnerable at the back. So, back a Reading win for our acca here and don’t be surprised if Yakou Meite – who has nine goals in the league already this season – gets on the score sheet to boot.
Wayne Rooney’s Derby County come into this game with their tails between their legs. They have lost their last two games to Reading and Championship leaders Norwich, and have only one win in their last 10. That is why it’s not a shock to see Blackburn favourites here. Rovers were involved in a decent 2-2 draw at Cardiff last weekend and will come into this game with a bit more confidence than their opponents.
Adam Armstrong is the main goal threat for Rovers. He has 21 goals so far this season in the league and bagged a brace in Wales last weekend. He’ll come into this game buzzing after his last gasp equaliser and the home side should have too much for the Rams.
St Mirren lie eighth in the Scottish Premiership and have only lost two of their last nine games in the league, so they’re rightlfully short-priced favourites for this Scottish Cup tie. Inverness sit fourth in the Scottish Championship, but in all fairness to them, they have been going well of late with six wins in their last seven.
But I will be siding with a home win here to get my acca closer over the line. St Mirren should just have too much quality for Cally here, and in Jamie McGrath they have a man who is great form in front of goal. The Irish striker has scored four in his last five and has an impressive tally of 13 goal for the season so far.
Last weekend wasn’t great for either Spurs or Everton supporters. Spurs went 1-0 up against Manchester United, but couldn’t hold onto the lead and lost 3-1, meanwhile Everton were in uninspiring form on their trip to the seaside and played out a dull scoreless draw with Brighton.
These sides produced a nine-goal thriller when they met in the FA Cup, but a repeat of that is very unlikely here with both desperate to put their topsy-turvy form behind them. I am going to put Spurs into my acca this weekend as I can’t be backing the Toffees at Goodison Park, given they lie 14th in the Premier League home form table.
Friday 20:00 – Everton v Tottenham
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League
That says it all about their home performances. They have also really suffered of late with the injuries to the likes of Bernard, Allan, Abdoulaye Doucoure and most recently Dominic Calvert-Lewin, although he may return to the line up here after missing the Brighton game. Spurs can bounce back here and see off the Toffees is the last leg of this acca.
If one leg of your 4+ fold Acca lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
More tips for Friday
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s slick 9/1 pick for Everton v Spurs on Friday
- Football Tips: Kane to strike but Spurs to stumble in this 38/1 Bet Builder v Everton
- Football Tips: Alan Cawley’s 5 League of Ireland best bets for this weekend’s games
Saturday Football Tips
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s 5/1 Saturday treble from the Premier League & FA Cup
- FA Cup Tips: Chelsea v Man City 4 best bets from Phil Thompson
- Football Tips: Our 3 must-see picks for Wolves v Sheffield United on Saturday
- Football Tips: Classy Pulisic can help land our 11/1 Bet Builder for Chelsea v Man City
- Football Accumulator Tips: Our 16/1 acca for Saturday’s 12.30pm games across the EFL
- Football Tips: Tackle our 3 best bets for Newcastle v West Ham on Saturday
- Football Tips: Paddy’s 3 best bets for Bilbao v Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey final
- Football Tips: 3 best bets for promotion-chasing Norwich v Bournemouth on Saturday
Sunday’s Football Tips
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s heavenly 7/2 treble for Sunday’s big games
- Football Tips: Our 3 firm picks for Rangers v Celtic on Sunday
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s 3 FA Cup crackers for Leicester v Southampton