West Ham pulled off possibly the greatest comeback in the Premier League era, shocking Spurs to whittle their 3-0 lead down to nothing and take a point inside the final 10 minutes last weekend.
Manchester City got the job done in Europe on Wednesday and they head to east London to face The Hammers in Saturday’s early kick-off. Our main man Phil Thompson is predicting a win for City and a certain striker to fill his boots.
Saturday 12:30 West Ham v Man City
BT Sport 1
I think Manchester City have every right to be favourites in this one. Look, they’ve got a few injuries with Fernandinho now out for a little while. You’ve got to always fancy Manchester City, but we do have a bit of a resurgence at West Ham with their attitude, their commitment.
At Spurs you thought, ‘Oh my God, this could be anything. This could be seven. It could be like Liverpool vs Aston Villa,’ How? How West Ham ever got back into the game, I do not know.
And he was quite bullish David Moyes, who was back on the touchline, after the game. I was absolutely amazed how they got something out of the game but that is the Premier League, and that’s why we love it!
THOMMO’S TIP: I think City will win but, I’m going to go for Sergio Aguero. I think he will play. He must be a little bit cagey [in his mind] at the moment because he’s only just come back from injury.
He hasn’t had many games but he did score in midweek in the Champions League game [against Porto], so I’m going to go for Sergio Aguero. I think Aguero could score twice and they might even both come from the penalty spot!
* All odds correct at time of first publishing but may change. Prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
Thommo’s tip for West Ham v Man City
More Tips for Saturday
- Mane To Make Blades Pay In Our Sheff Utd V Liverpool 11/1 Same Game Multi
- We’re Enjoying Home Comforts In This Week’s 15/1 Efl 4-Fold Acca
- Man Convinced Thing He Hasn’t Bothered To Read Will Be The Death Of Football
- Rio Demands New 20-Year Deal For Ole After Latest PSG Win
- Late Aston Villa winner sees £1 #whatsonpaddy punt turn into almost £3k
- Jamie Redknapp’s Paddy Power debut gets off to a tricky start