Alright everyone just CALM THE F**K DOWN. We beat Italy. Fantastic. We’ve got France and a chance at revenge. Brilliant. Just don’t do anything stup- nevermind…
This Stupid Punt section of the Blog is all about highlighting some of those loopy-looking bets at monster odds. All that’s required to make them click is a little bit of brains, a little bit of balls and a massive dollop of luck. Here on the Paddy Power Blog we’re all dreamers.
There’s a place in the Punting Hall of Fame at stake if you can pull it off. You are the people who make the crazy look inspired and while you have the bravery to toe the line between ridiculous and optimistic, we can only stand back and applaud. Here are three of the most outrageous bets we’ve dug out of Paddy’s Euros book for Ireland vs France.
Ireland to win 4-2
500/1 and one punter from County Galway has €25
- Ireland have only beaten France once in 35 years – a 3-2 win in Dublin in 1981
- They had the fewest number of goals in the group stages, finding the net just twice
- France did leak four goals in a game this time last year – against Belgium in a friendly in Paris.
Shane Long first goalscorer and Ireland to win 3-0
There’s a massive win coming if this happens at odds of 1,750/1
- Long has netted against Hugo Lloris before – for Hull City against Spurs in 2014
- Ireland have only beaten France four times in history and never kept a clean sheet in doing so
- Thierry Henry’s a cheating basteraud- but we’ve gotten over it now we promise
France to win 7-0
We are worried that we’ve recieved a tenner from a Dubliner on this 500/1 shot
- France stuck eight past Jamaica in 2014 but haven’t gone close to seven since
- Nor have they ever scored more than five in a European Championship knockout game
- Les Bleus have only won twice in their last six attempts against Ireland.
- Thierry Henry is still a cheat. Like we said, definitley gotten over it.