Roger Federer’s return to the tour looked to be short-lived when he was down two sets to one in the opening round against Adrian Mannarino, however, Mannarino got injured in the fourth set and was forced to retire. This set up a second-round match with French veteran Richard Gasquet, who put up a good fight but after Federer took the first set 7-6, he followed up with two strong sets to take the match 3-0, showing he still has some tricks up his sleeve.
No. 29 seed Cameron Norrie will hope that he can continue his good run of form after reaching three finals already this year, but will need to pull off something spectacular to beat the eight-time Wimbledon winner. Norrie will be well aware of Federer’s slow starts in the opening rounds and will need to take advantage of this if he is to have any hope of beating one of the all-time greats.
Number two seed Medvedev came into Wimbledon on the back of winning his warm-up competition in Mallorca and has continued to impress in the opening two rounds, swatting aside Jan-Lennard Struff and Carlos Alcaraz without much difficulty.
2017 Wimbledon runner up Cili has also been in good form of late and boasts a strong recent record on grass, and came out strong in both his opening rounds after being pushed by both Salvatore Caruso and Benjamin Bonzi. His vast experience and solid form here could push the Russian all the way.
World No. 64 Katerina Siniakova faces top seed Ashleigh Barty in the third round and will need to produce something special to cause what would be the upset of the tournament so far.
Barty will be hoping to put her recent injury trouble behind her and looked to have done so against her first two rounds opponents Anna Blinkova and Carla Suarez Navarro, even while not having any official grass-court matches under her belt since her return. However Siniakova has some momentum at the minute with a Bad Homburg Open final appearance and a Roland Garros doubles title both under her belt in the last few weeks, so I expect to see a battle from the get-go, making 2/1-ish a tasty looking price here.
Tips for Wimbledon on Saturday
- Roger Federer v Cameron Norrie – Roger Federer to lose the 1st set and win the match
- Marin Cilic v Daniil Medvedev – Medvedev 3-2 Set Betting
- Ashleigh Barty v Katerina Siniakova – Katerina Siniakova to win the race to 5 Games
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Wimbledon prize money per round and how much singles winners earn in 2021
- Wimbledon live stream: Watch 2021 tennis grand slam with Paddy Power
- #SaveOurGame: Where Paddy’s cash is going and the clubs it has helped