With Rafael Nadal dumped out in spectacular fashion, this should give us a more interesting final which will go one of two ways – either Novak Djokovic will steamroll Stefanos Tsitsipas in three sets, or it will go the distance and five sets.
With this in mind I see some value in backing this one to go to 5 sets. Given how close their previous matches were I feel Djokovic is a touch short in this match. Tsitsipas’ recent stats have been very strong and he actually outperforms Djokovic in most areas.
Their last couple of fixtures against each other on clay have been very close with each going the distance – Rome in 3 sets and Roland Garros in 5 sets. I’m backing this one to go to 5 sets and I’ll have a bit of Alternative Total Sets – Over 4.5.
I’ve applied similar logic with our second tip but this one is certainly for the more adventurous. Djokovic has been involved in four Tie Breaks in his last three matches – three of these tie breaks have been against average opponents in Matteo Berretini and Lorenzo Musetti.
With this kind of form I think Tsitsipas will push him to the wire on at least two sets. Tsitsipas comes into this match with great experience from last years semi-final and knows this might be his best chance to win Roland Garros for a couple of years to come. Back Tsitsipas to push two sets to the wire and Total Tie Breaks – Over 1.5.
Tips for Men’s French Open final
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Paddy’s Rewards Club: Qualify for a £/€10 Free Bet by using your Play Card in shops
- Paddy’s Bet Builder: All you need to know about placing an acca on a single game
- Paddy’s Rewards Club: Tracking your progress in games is just a click away