At Power Tower we just cannot bear to see punters wronged – especially by some dodgy video tech.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
Well, we won’t be hearing that particular bleat for a while after Scotland were scandalously denied a late try to beat the French at Murrayfield on Saturday afternoon.
With the visitors ahead 20-16 and time ticking up toward 80 minutes the home side were camped inches from the try line desperately pushing for the game-winning score.
And it looked to everyone viewing at home and in the ground that they’d got it as their pack lurched over the line and planted the ball down.
Everyone except the officials, that is.
Referee Nic Berry – yes, I suppose you could say Scotland were within a Heartbeat of victory – left his specs at home and couldn’t decide if it was a try or not, so deferred to the video ref.
He promptly passed the buck straight back to the man on the pitch, which meant no score and anyone who backed Scotland to win were denied a deserved victory.
But we couldn’t stand for that.
So we’ve made the call to right this rugby wrong and refund stakes on all singles on the Match Odds as a free bet to our punters.
Sure, not all heroes wear capes, but we’re more than happy to wrap ourselves in a shower curtain when needed…
- Super Bowl: Place £/€5 Bet Builder on Chiefs v 49ers, get free £/€5 Bet Builder on ANY sport
- Rugby Tips: Best Bets for Ireland v Italy on Sunday in the Six Nations
- Get over to Paddy Power News for the best Rugby Betting Tips
- Rugby Tips: Best Outright Bets for the 2024 Six Nations
- Six Nations 2024 fixtures, kick-off times, results and tips