Gambling is supposed to be fun. It should never be seen purely as a way to make money, but as an entertainment expense like going to a gig or a football match.
To make sure it stays fun and that you stay in control, Paddy’s put in place 7 helpful tools to tackle any problems that might arise with your gambling.
Like so many other things, ‘having a problem with gambling’ can seem like a grey area. It’s not just a case of losing too much, but also about the behaviours, and how they can be checked.
So these tools let you self-check, to see if you have a problem, and then take measures to stop you gambling if you need to.
We ask you to always bet sensibly, and within your budget. To help you stay in control, you can specify a daily, weekly or monthly deposit limit. Once set, we will warn you when you’re trying to deposit more than your limit, whether online or on your mobile. The deposit limit is not affected by any transfers of money between wallets or by withdrawals. If you increase the amount or frequency (making the limit less restrictive), it will not take effect for 7 days. Decreases take immediate effect.
How to set a deposit limit.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) June 18, 2020
If you increase the amount or frequency, it will not take effect for 7 days. Decreases take immediate effect.
How to set a loss limit.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 7, 2020
This gives you a choice of how long you would like to suspend access to your Paddy Power account for between 1-30 days. During your selected period you will be locked out from playing on the Paddy Power site. This will block you from using all products on the Paddy Power website for the period of your choosing.
How to take a break.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 16, 2020
You will have the option to stop playing or to dismiss the reminder and continue playing.
– The Reality Check covers only the games played with real money and will be initiated by a bet placement.
– The Reality Check will be applied per Gaming Session. Such a session includes the betting activity on all the games played on Casino, Games and Bingo which take place in the same Paddy Power session. The betting activity on Poker will be covered separately as distinct Gaming Sessions.
– Changes to your Reality Checks will take effect after you log out and login again. Please do this after saving your changes or the check will not be activated until your next login.
How to take a reality check.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 14, 2020
You can choose which products you want to be excluded from or whether you want to be excluded from the site as a whole. This action cannot be reversed under any circumstances.
How to self exclude.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 15, 2020
With this tool you can simply enter your personal earnings and outgoings help you work out how much money you spend and where you spend it each month.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 23, 2020
If you are unsure whether or not you may have developed a gambling problem Gamcare.org.uk have a simple test on their website to help you assess if your gambling is causing a problem.
The assessment will give you a series of statements and ask you to select how much the statement applies to your gambling behaviour on a scale of 1 – 10. At the end of the test you will be presented with a breakdown of how gambling is affecting your life and will give you personalised recommendations for your next steps.
More information about responsible gambling:
- Our Responsible Gambling hub… Everything you might need in one place
- The Paddy Power guide to responsible gambling
- Paddy Power’s 6 tips on how to bet responsibly
- Support Organisations to help tackle gambling problems