Jobs are for making money, but gambling is for entertainment. Treat it as an entertainment expense, like a ticket to that 18th Fast and Furious film down the cinema, rather than a way to make money.
And to make sure you stay in control while having fun, here are Paddy’s six key points to help you gamble responsibly. Remember, when the fun stops, stop.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 23, 2020
Paddy’s 6 tips for responsible gambling.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
- Know your limits and be clear about them before you start betting.
- Take a break. Gambling continuously without taking a break will impact your judgement.
- Don’t gamble when you’re upset or depressed. Talk to mates or family or use the support contacts which can be found here.
- Do other stuff. Sometimes less is more, so make gambling a part of a well-balanced lifestyle.
- Don’t go chasing bets. Set your limits, stay in control.
To help you gamble responsibly we’ve put a number of practises in place such as deposit and loss limits which you can find out more about here.
You can also use Gamcare.org.uk’s self-assessment service which will give you a series of statements and ask you to select how much the statement applies to your gambling behaviour on a scale of 1 – 10.
At the end of the test you will be presented with a breakdown of how gambling is affecting your life and will give you personalised recommendations for your next steps.
So remember, take it easy and make sure to always gamble responsibly.
More information about responsible gambling:
- Our Responsible Gambling hub… Everything you might need in one place
- The Paddy Power guide to responsible gambling
- Paddy Power’s 7 tools to help you tackle problems with gambling
- Support Organisations to help tackle gambling problems