We’ve all heard of the big man, little man combo in football but we’ve decided to take it a step further at Paddy Power this Christmas – and we’re gunning for number one in the charts!
The quality of England’s football has seen a marked improvement over the last few years – and we think it’s about time the chants got an upgrade too just in time for Christmas.
🎁 Struggling to find the perfect Christmas gift for that football obsessive in your life?
An album of football chants, sung by a choir and conducted by Peter Crouch, should do the trick 👇
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) November 22, 2022
So, in a move Gareth Southgate would be proud of, we’ve paired our pal Peter Crouch with Britain’s Got Talent icon Paul Potts to form an unlikely duet for a World Cup Christmas Album and it’s on Spotify now for your festive oral enjoyment.
The album, entitled ‘Crouchy Conducts The Classics’, sees Peter and Paul deliver an unexpected upgrade to popular terrace football chants, including ‘Enger-land, Enger-land, Enger-land’, ‘V.A.R My Lord’ and ‘Super Jacky Grealish.’
If that isn’t enough, there’s also a special version of the 12 Days Of Christmas – updated for the World Cup with name-checks to the likes of Harry Kane, Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham.
FANCY A LISTEN? JUST CLICK BELOW
The album also features a guest appearance from opera star and Britain’s Got Talent sensation Potts, who mesmerises with his version of ‘You’re Not Singing Any More’.
100 per cent of the profits from the charity album will be donated to Stonewall in support of their campaign to tackle LGBTQ+ oppression in Qatar.
Paddy’s also committed to a minimum donation of £25k to help Stonewall’s campaign.
We’ve previously worked with the charity on the Rainbow Laces campaign which brought visibility for LGBTQ+ people in sport and raised awareness of experiences on and off the pitch.
The album is available to download on iTunes and Spotify now so be a good pal and help your old friend, Crouchy, get to no.1!
FULL TRACK LISTING
1. Crouchy Conducts The Classics Medley (artist: Paddy Power Choir featuring Paul Potts)
2. Englerland, Engerland, Engerland (artist: Paddy Power Choir)
3. You’re not singing any more (artist: Paul Potts and the Paddy Power Choir)
4. V.A.R My Lord. V.A.R (artist: Paddy Power Choir)
5. Super Jacky Grealish (artist: Paddy Power Choir)
6. England till I die (artist: Paddy Power Choir)
7. The Twelve Days Of Football (artist: Paddy Power Choir)
8. We love you England we do (artist: Paul Potts and the Paddy Power Choir)
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS? CLICK HERE FOR OUR £/€20 SIGNING UP OFFER
PP NEWS IS YOUR HOME OF WORLD CUP TIPS
- Check out Mark Lawrenson’s World Cup predictions
- 10 outsider World Cup tips from our panel of pundits
- Our ultimate pre-tournament World Cup Cheat Sheet