Here at Paddy Power we’ve done a lot of mad things in our time, but making it snow on December 25th is beyond even our reach.
With morale at an all-time low this week, as the public struggles to catch the Christmas spirit instead of COVID-19, we felt moved to do the impossible. Almost.
Instead, we’ve opted for a different type of gift this morning, paying out on all bets placed for snowfall in Ireland on December 25th.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
We’ve consistently seen a surge in the number of punters holding out hope for snowfall, despite Met Eireann putting a dampener on things and promising nothing but buckets of rain at temps of a balmy nine degrees.
Prior to the bumper payout, odds were available for snowfall to be recorded in Cork (10/1) Dublin Airport (4/1) and Belfast (6/4).
And punters who indulged in having a flutter on the chances of a flurry occurring on the 25th woke up to find a surprise Christmas bonus in their Paddy Power accounts on December 24th, just in time for their last-minute dash around the shops.
If that doesn’t exemplify the true Christmas spirit, I don’t know what does.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Need team news to complete your Bet Builder? Well, now Paddy’s got you covered
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Gunnersaurus named new Arsenal captain as Aubameyang stripped of captaincy
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle