Fancy winning a grand? Of course you do. Well you’re in luck. Paddy has decided to put his hand in his pocket and offer optimistic punters the chance to win themselves a stack every weekend.
The rules are simple, every Friday we will ask a question to our followers over on Twitter @PaddyPower. This could be anything from your favourite Chuckle Brother to the best sandwich filling.
Answer using the hashtag #GoodToGrand, and once a winner is selected, they will whizz over their 100/1 shot for the weekend. Any sport, so long as it is settled from Saturday through to Monday night.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) November 18, 2016
To kick us off, Gary Paul from Dublin is in the hot seat. He correctly guessed the most popular colour of Quality Street in Power Tower. (Purple, obviously. What sort of animals do you think we are?)
After a frenzied look at the weekend’s fixtures, Gary sent us over his 100/1 shot. A nine-fold footy acca, ready to sting Paddy for a wad of cash.
Gary’s selections, in his beautiful words:
- “I’ve gone with Juventus at 1/18 to start me off, should be another easy win against a team fighting relegation.
- Manchester City at 11/10 should have more than enough to dismantle a poor Crystal Palace side who have only won three this season.
- Next up, Celtic against Kilmarnock at 1/7. Because, well… It’s Celtic.
- Arsenal 17/10 should beat a mediocre Manchester United at Old Trafford, and Wenger is due a win over “The Special One.” This will be a special selection.
- Everton had a humiliating defeat to Chelsea, but should get back on track at 8/15 against Swansea, a side that even United can beat!
- Liverpool are flying and at 23/20 this trip to their local supermarket (Southampton) should be another three points.
- Tottenham 1/2 will find it tough, but should do just enough to snatch a win against The Hammers.
- This one is my shocker, I’m going for Borussia Dortmund at 12/5 to end Bayern Munich’s unbeaten run.
- And, finally. Ajax at 1/8. Look, if it’s good enough to clean my kitchen, then it’s good enough for anyone.”
If you fancy your chance to go from Good to Grand, head on over to our Twitter and keep your eyes peeled every Friday morning. Remember, all questions must be answered using the #GoodToGrand hashtag.
Good luck Gary!