Mayday: Punters backing Theresa exit as no confidence vote looms

The odds are shortening on Theresa May being dispatched by Tory MPs as tension builds around Brexit negotiations...

Comments

Paddy Power punters are giving Theresa May a vote of no-confidence following reports that 46 letters required to trigger a Tory leadership contest have already been submitted

A vote of no confidence in 2018 is now rated 2/1 as pressure builds on the Prime Minister from inside and outside her party, with Tory MPs set to wield the knife and cut down the PM as a possible deal with EU leaders over Brexit forces concessions.

The price on No Deal in the Brexit brinksmanship has come in to EVENS from 7/4 at the start of October, with the odds on another EU Referendum before the end of 2019 cut  to 9/4 from 4/1.

Cricket – England v India – Fifth Test – Kia Oval, London, Britain – September 8, 2018 Boris Johnson in the stands Action Images via Reuters/Paul Childs TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY

PaddyPower.com commands an overwhelming majority on politics markets

Runners are also jostling for position in the race to succeed May, with Sajid Javid rated the 5/1 favourite at the moment, followed by Boris Johnson and David Davis (6/1).

Our own Paddy Power said: “Amid reports suggesting that Theresa May is to tell the Commons that the EU Referendum withdrawal is ‘95% done’, our punters believe the Prime Minister is still at risk of being axed by the end of the week.

“With continued pressure from Tory MP’s, and 46 of 48 letters supposedly already submitted, we’ve shortened the odds of a vote of no confidence to 2/1. Sajid Javid is our current favourite to take over from May, despite a steady, continued steam of money on Boris Johnson (6/1).

“Despite today’s insistence that the deal is 95% done, it’s the other 5% our punters are focusing on. We’ve seen the odds of ‘No Deal’ fall into EVENS – the lowest they’ve been in 2018 – with May admitting the final stages of the deal are set to be the most difficult.”

Be the first past the post with PaddyPower.com