*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
A new name is set be carved into racing folklore on the first Saturday in June.
The best three-year-olds in the game will tackle the world’s greatest flat race – and we’ve finally discovered the runners that will line up for the 2021 Epsom Derby.
The field for this year’s renewal began taking shape almost 18 months ago when a whole host of yearlings were put up for entry, although the vast majority of these horses have since been withdrawn.
Below you’ll find the confirmed runners and riders after the final declaration stage and Paddy Power’s latest odds.
Epsom Derby 2021 Runners and Riders
A total of 12 horses have been declared for Saturday’s Epsom Derby on Saturday June 5 at 4.30pm.
Adayar (Adam Kirby)
Bolshoi Ballet (Ryan Moore)
Gear Up (Ben Curtis)
Hurricane Lane (William Buick)
John Leeper (Frankie Dettori)
Mac Swiney (Kevin Manning)
Mohaafeth (Jim Crowley)
Mojo Star (David Egan)
One Ruler (James Doyle)
Southern Lights (Declan McDonogh)
Third Realm (Andrea Atzeni)
Youth Spirit (Tom Marquand)
- OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Epsom Derby 2021 Betting
Bolshoi Ballet – the son of 2001 Epsom Derby winner Galileo – heads Paddy Power’s betting market after back-to-back wins at Leopardstown. The 5/4 favourite is Aidan O’Brien’s only entry in this year’s renewal.
Read More on the Epsom Derby
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s best antepost bets for the Epsom Derby
- Horse Racing Tips: Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets for the Epsom Derby
- Epsom Derby 2021 date and start time details
- Bolshoi Ballet the hot favourite for 2021 Epsom Derby
- Bolshoi Ballet ‘ticks a lot of boxes’ after tasty trial win
- Timeform think they’ve spotted the Epsom Derby runner to beat