Cheltenham Festival tips
RORY DELARGY’S LUCKY 15
Wednesday 5.30pm: Champion Bumper – Queens Gamble
Thursday 4.50pm: Mares Novices Hurdle – Magical Zoe
Thursday 5.30pm: Kim Muir Challenge Cup – Iron Bridge
Friday 4.50pm: Mrs Paddy Power Mares Chase – Jeremys Flame
The Cheltenham Festival 2023 is just over a week away and top pundit Rory Delargy on board with us every week to hopefully get you more bang for your buck.
We’ve got plenty of races to stuck in but what we all want to know is what is Rory’s Lucky 15 for the Festival? He’s studied the markets and put together his four best picks from Tuesday-Friday.
- WELCOME TO PP NEWS: NEW TO US? CLICK HERE FOR OUR £/€20 SIGN-UP OFFER
I like Queens Gamble for the Champion Bumper and she has drifted in the market since losing at Market Rasen when carrying a penalty. She was giving weight away and the track isn’t ideal for her. She needs good ground at Cheltenham but I’m not worried about the Market Rasen defeat.
Magical Zoe is really interesting and she’s a great price. If you put a rating on her, she doesn’t look as good as the rest but her Down Royal win has proven to be brilliant form. The plan for her has been the Mares Novices Hurdle so she’s worth getting behind.
I’m a fan of Iron Bridge. He stays very well and he’s great over three miles. He finished second last time out over 2m4f at Warwick and he’ll improve for the step up in trip. The Kim Muir is the obvious race for him but he could also go in the Ultima Chase and I’d still back him in that. If Iron Bridge doesn’t run, I’ll swap him out for Angels Dawn.
Jeremys Flame is a decent price in a race that isn’t deep and doesn’t have too much quality in. I can see her winning it. She won at Huntingdon last time out when beating Zambella by just over six lengths and she could go well.
Rory Delargy’s Cheltenham Festival tips:
STUDY THE FORM & GET ALL THE RESULTS
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Cheltenham Festival: How leading runners for big races have fared this season
- Cheltenham Tips: Our Championship races Cheat Sheet as Paddy is non runner no bet for the Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best non-runner money back Festival picks
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s fancy for the Champion Hurdle NRNB
*Paddy’s gone Non Runner Money Back on all races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival. That means if you back any horse in any race antepost and they don’t show up where you want them to for whatever reason you’ll get a full refund on your wager