Selection: Delta Work
The Cheltenham Festival 2023 is now less than two weeks away and we’ve got top pundit Rory Delargy on board with us every week to hopefully get you more bang for your buck.
The Cross Country Chase, run over a mammoth 3m 6f, is the fifth race on Day 2 of this year’s Cheltenham Festival and Rory has been looking at the markets to hopefully find you a winner.
Last year’s winner Delta Work tops the betting once again but could stablemate Galvin take him on? Or is there a bigger-priced runner to get behind?
WELCOME TO PP NEWS: NEW TO US? CLICK HERE FOR OUR £/€20 SIGN-UP OFFER
Back On The Lash beat Deise Aba and Delta Work last time out at Cheltenham in January so he has to be respected. He’s solid, however, he wants good ground and he doesn’t have the class of Delta Work or Galvin.
Snow Leopardess could be an interesting one if she runs and a couple of French horses who might run have form on soft or heavy ground so that’s a bit of a question mark.
Snow Leopardess could jump a bit big but she’ll have learned a lot from her last couple of runs at Cheltenham and Haydock in January and February. She ran better in the Grand National Trial last time out and she could go well, however, she lacks a bit of the pace needed to get into a good position and then kick on.
I’m going to have to go with Delta Work as what you’re seeing is what you’re getting. Galvin is probably the biggest danger and while you don’t want to back horses going around the Cross Country for the first time, if there’s a trainer that can do it, it’s Gordon Elliott. Delta Work looks as solid as any favourite at the meeting and there isn’t a big-price outsider that’s taking my fancy.
STUDY THE FORM & GET ALL THE RESULTS
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Cheltenham Festival: How leading runners for big races have fared this season
- Cheltenham Tips: Our Championship races Cheat Sheet as Paddy is non runner no bet for the Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best non-runner money back Festival picks
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s fancy for the Champion Hurdle NRNB
- Horse Racing Tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 antepost Grand National Plays
*Paddy’s gone Non Runner Money Back on all races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival. That means if you back any horse in any race antepost and they don’t show up where you want them to for whatever reason you’ll get a full refund on your wager