*Odds quoted on the widget are Non Runner Money Back prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you’ll get your stake back
The 2022 Cheltenham Festival is set to start with a bang as the opening race, the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle, looks set to be a cracker with a whole host of exciting prospects in the mix.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Sir Gerhard and Dysart Dynamo are at the top of the betting with Nicky Henderson’s Constitution Hill and Jonbon, but Ruby Walsh revealed on Paddy Power’s Ultimate Cheltenham Preview Night that the Willie Mullins pair will be split between the Supreme and the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle.
Ruby, our resident jockey-turned-pundit, is convinced that whichever horse goes for the Ballymore will win as it’s a weaker renewal than the red-hot Supreme.
You can watch Paddy Power’s Ultimate Cheltenham Preview Night in full BELOW.
“The two of them will be split as they’re the two Paul Townend will want to ride. Dysart Dynamo looks a pacy individual and I’d be surprised if Willie Mullins were to put cheekpieces on Sir Gerhard as he’s not the kind of person to fix what’s not broken.
“Whichever one goes to the Ballymore will win but whichever one runs in the Supreme only might win. The Ballymore’s a much weaker race and I think the Supreme is a cracker.
“Mighty Potter could be a dual Grade 1 winner as he was unlucky in the Royal Bond as he got caught in a pocket, while the application of a tongue tie has really helped Kilcruit.
“At a push, I’ll be picking Jonbon of Nicky Henderson’s two. I loved him at Newbury when I was standing on the track watching him go to the start. Kilcruit and Dysart Dynamo – if he runs – will go forward so I think it’s going to be made up for Jonbon.”
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
More Cheltenham Tips
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Our pundits’ best bets for the Grand Annual Handicap Chase at next week’s Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Paddy’s pundits pick their Ultima Handicap Chase best bets
- Cheltenham Tips: Paddy Power’s best-backed runners ahead of the Festival
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races