*Odds quoted on the widget are Non Runner Money Back prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you’ll get your stake back
We’re just a week away from the Cheltenham Festival, which means it’s the final episode of our antepost tipping podcast series as attention turns to the handicaps.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
The From The Horse’s Mouth team ran the rule over the Grand Annual Handicap Chase, with legendary jockey Ruby Walsh, Paddy’s trader Frank Hickey and tipster Rory Delargy giving their early fancies ahead of final declarations.
You can listen to the Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
“I’m siding with POSEIDON for Charles Byrnes. He finished second by half a length behind Embittered in Killarney last year. Poseidon will get 4lbs off Embittered in the Grand Annual this year. He was in the wrong half of the race behind Ciel De Neige at Punchestown last month. He struggled on really heavy ground over the winter but he’s shown signs of improvement on better ground. Charles Byrnes can deliver on the biggest stages too. He’s a big price and worth looking at.”
“EMBITTERED, who was last year’s favourite, stands out like a sore thumb to me! He fell last year while travelling really well. He was off a mark of 146 then but his preparation for the race wasn’t great. This time round, he’s already won at Killarney, was beaten by a neck at Roscommon and then went on to win at Punchestown. He’s ran in Grade 2 and Grade 3 company since. He’s running off a rating of 145 and I don’t think this race is any better than last year’s. He’s a big price and it looks like he’s been targeted for this.”
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
“I’m looking at an outsider in FOR PLEASURE, who has fallen at Warwick and Doncaster this season. However, he’s ran in very good races. His form actually stacks up well. He was fourth out of four in the Kingmaker last time out but that was a red hot contest. He set a strong gallop that day and set the race up for others. He jumped well too and that was needed for confidence. He won at Plumpton in December and he’s not badly handicapped off 138. He handles the track and his hurdles form is very good. He’s a brave horse and he’s a big price. He has a lot to offer.
“GUNSIGHT RIDGE is another who is overpriced. However, I’m not a huge fan of his. He often finishes second but he did win at Sandown in January. He’s a huge price. He’s a good chaser but he keeps a bit back for himself. You’d rather have him as an each-way bet than a win bet. He’s going the right way and he has the right running style. He jumps well and he could run into the frame.”
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Paddy Power pundits pick their Triumph Hurdle best bets
- Cheltenham Tips: Your best bets for the Cross Country Chase from our top pundits
- Cheltenham Tips: 6 best-backed picks to get your kicks at the Festival
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races