*Odds quoted on the widget are Non Runner Money Back prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you’ll get your stake back
Fil Dor was the long-time antepost favourite but Gordon Elliott’s charge has slipped down Paddy Power’s Non Runner Money Back market after a 3l defeat to Vauban in the Spring Juvenile Hurdle at the Dublin Racing Festival. He’s also behind stablemate Pied Piper in the early betting, who narrowly beat Vauban at Leopardstown on New Year’s Eve.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
The big talking point was how Fil Dor can reverse the form with Vauban at Cheltenham, as a member of the Punters’ Panel previously placed an antepost punt on Gordon Elliott’s charge.
While Paddy’s resident jockey-turned-pundit Ruby Walsh and superstar trader Frank Hickey reckon it’ll be hard for Fil Dor to turn the tables on Willie Mullins’ prospect, our dynamic duo detailed how a change of order could come about. You can listen to the show in full BELOW.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
“Of course it’s plausible that Fil Dor can reverse the form with Vauban. A stronger pace would suit Fil Dor. It definitely suited Vauban that it was a decent gallop without being a strong gallop at Leopardstown and that the turn of foot came into play.
“The Triumph is a stiffer contest on the New Course and Fil Dor is a pretty strong stayer. He made a mistake at the last as well which didn’t help his chance.
“It’s feasible that Fil Dor can reverse the form with Vauban but is it likely? Probably not as likely as I thought before the Dublin Racing Festival but a stronger test at Cheltenham will definitely suit.”
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
“If you’ve got a really hearty run race – like the 2010 renewal when Barizan bolted off in front and Soldatino ran him down – and the ground is soft or even more testing then you’d have a chance of Fil Dor turning it around.
“If it’s more of a speed test then I can’t see him reversing with Vauban or beating Pied Piper.”
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate antepost betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle pick as we go Non Runner Money Back all races
- Cheltenham Tips: A 12/1 punt tops Frank Hickey’s Cheltenham Gold Cup best bets
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races