*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing / Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Antepost rules
The hype is building for the Cheltenham Festival here at Paddy Power – and our trusty team of traders have priced up antepost markets for all 28 races.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Speaking on the first episode of our Cheltenham Countdown 2022 podcast, formbook guru Frank Hickey revealed he has already placed four antepost wagers ahead of this year’s four-day fiesta and you can find his early selections below.
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
You can listen to our first Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
STUDY THE FORM IN FINE STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
A couple of them are speculative – Jungle Boogie for the Turners Novices’ Chase and Gerri Colombe for the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle. I wouldn’t be certain they’re definitely going to run there at all but it was me taking a bit of a chance.
I’m also on Britzka for the Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle and I wouldn’t be giving up on him after finishing fourth at Fairyhouse last weekend. It was very flat but it was his third run in 29 days so I’d be a little less disappointed than some were.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
The other one is Saint Calvados each-way in the Ryanair Chase. I didn’t pull the trigger quick enough after the King George but I did have a good look at it four or five days after and there doesn’t seem to be too much behind Allaho. Saint Calvados was only beaten by a neck by Min in 2020 when trained by Harry Whittington and I’m not criticising him but you’d imagine Paul Nicholls will get a bit of improvement out of him.
The way he was ridden, Saint Calvados was never going to get home in the King George but if he could replicate that in the Ryanair then you’d imagine he’d hit the frame at the very least. If Allaho isn’t there or underperforms then he’d be the one to take advantage.
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham tips: 20/1 antepost shout tickles Frank Hickey’s fancy in the National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Rory Delargy explains Run Wild Fred antepost pick for National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost best bet from Rory Delargy
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ruby Walsh: Cheltenham Festival options open for ‘incredible’ Galopin Des Champs
- Champion Bumper: The Willie Mullins horse Ruby Walsh would choose to ride in 2022