*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing / Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Antepost rules
The Champion Bumper looks set to be a ding-dong battle between Gordon Elliott and Willie Mullins, with up-and-comers American Mike and Facile Vega heading our antepost betting market.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Speaking on the first episode of our Cheltenham Countdown 2022 podcast, top trader Frank Hickey revealed a win for either of the market principals would hit Paddy where it hurts – in the pocket!
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
You can listen to our first Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
STUDY THE FORM IN FINE STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get an Irish winner here. American Mike sets the standard but Facile Vega and stablemate Redemption Day won in different ways. Facile Vega was good on the clock but Redemption Day didn’t need to be. He toyed with them.
Looking at it now in our field book, American Mike and Facile Vega are the two big losers, and the only two losers we have that are quite chunky amounts, and then everything else is a winner.
There’s not really much point in aggressively opposing American Mike at this stage. Maybe that’ll change after the Dublin Racing Festival. I’d be surprised if it’s not around 3/1 the field on the day, especially if Facile Vega and Redemption Day run. I can’t see American Mike’s price changing too much between now and Cheltenham.
GET FAST RESULTS IN A FLASH!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
The Big Doyen is good but he might be better when he goes up in trip over jumps. He impressed at Roscommon in September and that form has held up and he bolted up at Punchestown in November. However, I feel he has a little to improve and he might be better over two-and-a-half miles or three miles. He’ll have a bit to find to win the Bumper.
I do like the look of Sandor Clegane for Paul Nolan, who’s a big price. He put in a decent debut at Punchestown in December, beating The Flier Begley by 15l.
If I had to pick now I’d probably side with Redemption Day but I’m not sold on putting a bet on now.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham tips: 20/1 antepost shout tickles Frank Hickey’s fancy in the National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Rory Delargy explains Run Wild Fred antepost pick for National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost best bet from Rory Delargy
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ruby Walsh: Cheltenham Festival options open for ‘incredible’ Galopin Des Champs
- Champion Bumper: The Willie Mullins horse Ruby Walsh would choose to ride in 2022