In the fifth of this year’s Paddy Power Media’s ‘From The Horse’s Mouth’ podcast ‘Cheltenham Countdown’, host Tom Nugent together with former champion jockey turned tv pundit Ruby Walsh and well-known journalist and broadcaster Rory Delargy, look at the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle on day four of the 2024 Cheltenham Festival.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
It’ll be interesting if Paul Nicholls sends Captain Teague to the Albert Bartlett as this isn’t usually a race that he targets. It would make sense as he’s a strong galloper and he impressed in the Challow at Newbury in December.
Shanagh Bob is in the betting but he’s only had two runs, which is far from ideal considering how close we are to Cheltenham. He’s won both of his outings but you’d have liked to see him again following his win at Cheltenham in December ahead of Destroytheevidence.
I’m after something that’s going to stay and that’s Lecky Watson for Willie Mullins. He could end up in the Albert Bartlett and he’s worth a try with Non Runner Money Back being in play.
He settles well and he can make his move late on to breeze past the beaten horses in the race. We last saw him at Naas in January when finishing third behind Readin Tommy Wrong but he will give you value for money.
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy’s Non Runner Money Back for all Cheltenham ante post bets
- Cheltenham Tips: Rory Delargy’s 8/1 non runner money back pick for Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s rock solid fancy for the Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 12/1 ante-post fancy for the Triumph Hurdle
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s Champion Chase bets including a 20/1 each-way ante post play