Monday’s Lucky 15 tips
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Each and every day of the racing year we bring you a bumper NAPS Table to give you the inside scoop on all the plays you’ll need that day.
Don’t know what a NAPs Table is? We’ll tell you! It’s an independently run competition involving the cream of the British and Irish racing press whose positions in the table are based on their profits to Level Stakes. And just like all sports competitions worldwide, those doing best are towards the top of the table.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
So, we decided to put that golden guide to the test and use it to steer you towards what could be a savvy Lucky 15 (4 horses, 15 bets) today. The four you’ll see below are the selections of some of the top-performing tipsters in the Table. Let’s get to the picks…
13:10 Musselbrough – In This World (Yorkshire Post)
Long absence after impressive win on British debut in November 2021; it’s taken IN THIS WORLD a few runs to get back on track but he stayed on strongly for a close fifth at Cheltenham (2m1f, soft) last month and this step back up in trip could be just what he needs; lots to like.
13:15 Fairyhouse – Givehimthehonour (Daily Star Sunday)
Point winner was well beaten in three maiden hurdles but GIVEHIMTHEHONOUR surely better than that and could be a player on handicap bow up in trip.
13:30 Cheltenham – Cloudy Glen (The Punts)
Acts on heavy; lightly raced in recent seasons and has been hit and miss, but CLOUDY GLEN was runner-up here (3m3f, soft) on reappearance and a respectable fifth in the big 3m2f handicap at Newbury two weeks later; the latter race in 2021 provided his last win; big shout if that recent form can be maintained.
17:15 Newcastle – Brewing (Jersey Evening Post)
A sprint handicap that wouldn’t look out of place at a Grade 1 track in the height of summer. Richard Hannon saddles two live contenders in Tacarib Bay and Gisburn, while Pendleton, Batal Dubai, Admiral D Fivethousandtoone and Summerghand all have something to recommend them.
Albasheer (second choice) should find it easier to settle today and he is greatly respected but BREWING is just preferred. William Haggas’s 5yo found plenty for pressure when maintaing his unbeaten Newcastle record in November and a 4lb rise may have underestimated his superiority that day.
Monday’s Lucky 15 tips
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
MONDAY’S RACING TIPS
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s New Year’s Day ITV Racing picks
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s ITV Racing fancies on New Year’s Day
- Horse Racing Tips: 25/1 Shot Tops Paul Jacobs’ value plays on New Year’s Day
- Cheltenham Tips: Timeform’s best bets for the New Year’s Day card
- New Year’s Day Betting Preview: Rory Delargy’s verdict on Monday’s runners
- Get all the latest Horse Racing News and Racing Tips at Paddy Power News
- Horse Racing calendar: Key Jumps races and fixtures including Cheltenham Festival 2024
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps campaign
- Horse Racing: Frank Hickey’s 5 to follow for the 2023/34 jumps season