Wolverhampton tips today
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s hard to make a compelling case for many of these, but CHINA TRADE may have some potential, and if she builds on a sixth of nine on her nursery debut at Chelmsford last time she should go close, at the least.
Green Sigma was a neck behind the selection on that occasion and may pose the main threat, with Phil Kirby’s Calafrio and the Craig Lidster-trained pair Polly The Rocket and Goldmine Girl also respected.
This looks competitive. Mountain Warrior has to bounce back from a couple of modest efforts but that’s quite possible with the new trip and headgear both possible sources of improvement. Silvretta wasn’t impressive when winning last time but her earlier efforts stack up well enough, while Hieronymus is respected back on all weather (AW).
TRIGGERED found plenty for pressure when getting up late over same course and distance (C&D) last month, however, and he may be able to defy a 4lb rise.
The one to beat is HOW IMPRESSIVE (NAP) who arrives in tip-top form and can compete off the same mark as when going down narrowly at Lingfield last time. Hot Chesnut could be the main threat, with Doctor Khan Junior also respected and Monopolise dangerous if recent wind surgery has had a positive effect.
With five newcomers in the field, and most of them of interest on paper, the market should be monitored closely. Bold Style has a classy pedigree and may prove best of them despite stall 12, but the percentage call is MAJED who already has two encouraging runs under his belt and has landed a more favourable draw this time. Saviour could provide the sternest resistance.
The two C&D winners at the foot of the weights appeal most. MASTER OF COMBAT has been in fine form at this track and is the selection ahead of Miss Bluebelle, who drops back down to a more suitable trip.
Last year’s winner Civil Law also goes well here, while in-form pair Spirit Genie and Urban Sprawl could be in the mix if staying the trip.
Preference is for TYPICAL WOMAN who did really well to be second at Kempton before doing too much too soon back there last time. Chase The Dollar looks sure to be involved in his current form and both Absolute Queen and Luna Effect are also expected to feature.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
She’s Centimental could have been refreshed by a break and she’s of major interest off this mark now back on Tapeta. The admirable Muscika won well over C&D last time and can go well, while Clipsham La Habana is down in the weights and could benefit from having been gelded.
DICKIEBURD has taken a good step forward on Tapeta the last twice, though, and the return to 6f can see him go in again.
She’s been off for 72 days but LOOBY‘s latest run can be upgraded and she remains of interest off her current mark. Bulldog Drummond was only overhauled late on here last week and his turn looks near. Whiteley Way would be interesting if a line could be drawn through her latest effort.
Girl From Italy has clicked in a big way and might well complete the hat-trick, though there’s good reason to believe last week’s runner-up Voltaic may give her more to think about. However, RICH WATERS hinted at a return to form over 6f last time, and his best efforts for Godolphin were over longer trips than that.
Wolverhampton tips today
Saturday’s Racing Tips
- Horse Racing Tips: Jason Weaver’s Saturday Picks at Lingfield & Wolverhampton
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s ITV Racing Picks at Ascot, Haydock & Punchestown Today
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s ITV Racing Picks on Saturday
- Horse Raving Tips: Frank Hickey’s Racing Picks at Haydock, Ascot & Punchestown for ITV Racing
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest horse racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps campaign
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: 10 to follow for the 2023/24 Jumps season with Paul Jacobs
- Horse Racing calendar: Key Jumps races and fixtures including Cheltenham Festival 2024
- When is the Grand National 2024? Aintree date, start time, runners and betting