All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The first of Paddy’s Pick 5 races with a daily £/€10k prize fund at York. ATALIS BAY had absolutely no luck in running at Goodwood having travelled strongly, and he can atone now. He tried to concede 12lb to Mondammej on his previous handicap start, and has fallen 6lb below the mark he ran off there, and he showed enough at Goodwood to suggest he could capitalise. Robert Cowell had a welcome winner on Monday night, and his fortunes are surely on the rise again.
PADDY’S PICK 5 IS OPEN TO PLAY AT YORK
The Acomb has been a graveyard for favourite backers, and the advice is to tread warily. My idea of the winner is Andrew Balding’s CHALDEAN, who impressed with his demeanour when winning at Newbury last time. The trio who chased him home all won next time, and he’s ready for Group company on that showing.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
The ‘Voltigeur’ is a trappy race with no guaranteed pace, and DEAUVILLE LEGEND would have been a more confident choice with a guaranteed gallop to run at. Nevertheless, he has form to his name at least as strong as Secret State, and deserves to be closer to that one in price.
Baaeed is clearly the one to stop and the unbeaten wonder horse ought to be at least as good at this trip as a mile on pedigree. That said, it’s not certain that he will stay, and these are better horses than he’s been beating at a mile. MISHRIFF won this impressively last year, and while his slow starting of late is a worry, he can give the supposed good thing a massive fright if back to his best.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE & GET ALL THE RESULTS YOU NEED FIRST
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
I’ve backed Frankenstella ante-post for this, but her price has dried up like the ground, and I’m looking for a saver. I’ll take a flyer about RED FLYER staying the extra two furlongs after his excellent effort at the July Meeting. He blew the start last time, and that run can be ignored.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Paddy’s Pick 5: Six punters share £/€25k jackpot as they win Saturday’s free racing game
- When is the Juddmonte International 2022? York date, start time, runners and betting
- When is the York Ebor Festival 2022? Dates and race times for this year’s meeting
- Fancy cheaper tickets for Irish racing meetings? Paddy’s Rewards4Racing partnership is here!