*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
This is a tight race on ratings and weight. I’m not sold on Cadillac and I don’t think he’s consistent enough. I don’t have a major fancy but if I had to pick, I’d go with Tasman Bay at the prices. He ran too freely at Ascot last time out and his run can be excused.
I expect Romain De Senam to run well, especially with Philip Armson claiming 5lbs off his back. He last ran at Uttoxeter in June off a mark of 142 but he’s now running off 133. He likes to race on the pace and he’ll be fit and well.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Going Gone is probably the most likely winner but one with an each-way shout is Rainbow Dreamer. He’s plummeting down the weights but I don’t think he ran too bad behind Trueshan in the Northumberland Plate. He’s dropped 7lbs for that run so he has each-way claims.
I can see why Cirque Royal is the favourite but I like Hisnameis Mrdevitt for Peter Fahey. He ran well and finished second at Roscommon earlier this month and he’s off a winnable mark.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- HEADING TO THE CURRAGH? WHY NOT STOP BY OUR LIVE FROM THE HORSE’S MOUTH PREVIEW SHOW – IT ALL KICKS OFF AT 12.40PM
Saint Lawrence has a chance in this and he’s a good each-way price. He came home well behind Native Strip in the King’s Stand at Ascot. Going back up to 6f will suit him. He might not win but he can definitely place.
I like Mahlers Promise in this. He ran well behind Tamaroc Du Mathan at Plumpton in May and followed that up with an impressive win at Market Rasen in June, beating Statuario by 2l. He’ll be able to hold his position early and he’ll be just off the pace, then strike late.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Maria Branwell is the pick purely based on form but I was going to side with either Miami Girl or Swift Asset for Richard Hannon. Richard has been talking up Swift Asset so I watched back his win at Windsor and I was really impressed. He’ll do me!
* This week’s FTHM podcast was recorded prior to Emily Upjohn pulling out of the Juddmonte Irish Oaks.
Emily Upjohn should clearly win so you’re looking at something to chase her home. I’d side with History for Aidan O’Brien. There’s not a major reason for picking her over Magical Lagoon apart from Aidan’s runners always showing big improvement.
Ruby Walsh’s Saturday ITV Racing Tips
Newbury 13:50 – Tasman Bay
Market Rasen 14:06 – Romain De Senam
Newbury 14:21 – Rainbow Dreamer (each way)
Market Rasen 14:41 – Hisnameis Mrdevitt
Newbury 14:56 – Saint Lawrence (each way)
Market Rasen 15:14 – Mahlers Promise
Newbury 15:30 – Swift Asset
Curragh 15:45 – History
Saturday’s Racing Tips
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s top ITV Racing fancies on Saturday
- Irish Oaks Tips: Best bets from Paddy’s pundits for Saturday’s 3.45 at the Curragh
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 4 Curragh Saturday best bets
- Horse Racing Tips: Jason Weaver’s Newbury ITV Racing selections
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- When is the King George VI 2022? Ascot date, start time, runners and betting
- When is the July Cup 2022? Newmarket date, start time, runners & betting
- Newmarket July Festival races, schedule, runners, going, weather & live stream