*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The Jumps are back on ITV Racing and there are three races being covered from Market Rasen on the channel on Saturday.
I like the way this son of Ask goes through his races and with Galileo Silver and Romain De Senam in this contest there will be no hanging around. I think that will help set this race up from Ask Paddington and he’s on a real roll at the moment so I’m hoping he can nab the four-timer!
Cirque Royale is the obvious one here on the back of wins at Kelso and Perth. He is a strong traveller and a good jumper which is exactly what you need for Market Rasen, however, he doesn’t have much handicap experience and sometimes that can be crucial around here. I backed Gaelik Coast at Worcester last time. He is a very strong traveller, he didn’t really like chasing but goes back over hurdles. I think he’s definitely of interest in this contest. He is a big price and I take him to way outrun his odds.
I really fancied this Godolphin-owned gelding at the Royal meeting when he was a little disappointing. That was over 5f but I think he has to be of interest stepping up to 6. If you can forgive him that poor run last time then I think he would be a shorter price. A reproduction of his win in Meydan is more than good enough to win here.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Peter Bowen loves this race! He has such a good record in this contest including with my selection, who won last year. He is 2lbs higher in the ratings this year and comes in here off the back of a really good run in a big race at Uttoxeter. Francky Du Berlais is a very solid performer and you know what you’re gonna get with him. Mortlach on a right-handed track is a worthy favourite as he had jumped badly right yet was still winning, but Peregrine Run is another who will be thereabouts.
Maria Branwell ran a blinder in the Queen Mary at the Royal meeting finishing three lengths behind superstar Dramatised. She is favoured by conditions with only 8st 11lbs to carry and you have to feel that this is a very good opportunity for her. She stayed on really well at Ascot over five and this straight five at Newbury is perfect for her.
Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday ITV Racing Tips
- 14:06 Market Rasen – Ask Paddington
- 14:41 Market Rasen – Gaelik Coast (E/W)
- 14:56 Newbury – Man of Promise
- 15:14 Market Rasen – Francky Du Berlais
- 15:30 Newbury – Maria Branwell
Saturday’s Racing Tips
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s top ITV Racing fancies on Saturday
- Irish Oaks Tips: Best bets from Paddy’s pundits for Saturday’s 3.45 at the Curragh
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 4 Curragh Saturday best bets
- Horse Racing Tips: Jason Weaver’s Newbury ITV Racing selections
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- When is the King George VI 2022? Ascot date, start time, runners and betting