*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
I’m not completely sold on this race but I’ll side with Tasman Bay for David Probert and Sir Mark Todd. You can excuse his last run at Ascot as he was too keen and he ran himself into the ground. His best effort came at Deauville last August so I’ll side with him.
Apache Creek won with a bit in hand at Warwick last time out but my default pick would be Galileo Silver for Sam Thomas. He’s only 4lbs higher from his last win and he’s now got a visor on.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Going Gone is the horse to beat here. He ran a cracker to finish fourth in the Ascot Stakes. He’s relatively inexperienced compared to a few of the other runners but I don’t mind that. I expect him to go forward and he’s my pick.
Ingleby Hollow was very unlucky not to win this race last year and he just needed a clear run after the last hurdle but he didn’t get it. He keeps running well in decent handicaps. He needs a decent pace and he’ll sit deep then attack late on. He’s a good each-way play.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- HEADING TO THE CURRAGH? WHY NOT STOP BY OUR LIVE FROM THE HORSE’S MOUTH PREVIEW SHOW – IT ALL KICKS OFF AT 12.40PM
This is a competitive race. Rohaan is worth keeping an eye on but I’m going with Dubawi Legend, who’s drawn in stall 14. He’s never raced over 6f but he can go well. He ran really well to finish second to Native Trail in the Dewhurst at Newmarket last autumn. He hasn’t done too well since then but there were excuses. They’ve had him down as a miler but I think he’s a sprinter. Cheeckpieces are on for the first time too.
I really like Mahlers Promise here at a decent price. I love this horse. Seamus Mullins has been trying him over shorter trips but he relishes this course and distance. He looked comfortable last time out and he had a bit in hand. He’ll relish this.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Rod Millman is a great trainer and he’s got a solid record in this race so I was drawn towards Safari Dream. He should have won on his debut but he ran a little green. He then finished third at Windsor after getting a bad draw. He’s got size and scope and a lot more ability than he’s shown so far.
* This week’s FTHM podcast was recorded prior to Emily Upjohn pulling out of the Juddmonte Irish Oaks.
I’m giving Cairde Go Deo a chance on the basis that there’s no out and out frontrunner in the race. She’s not regularly a frontrunner but she did make all to win at Leopardstown last time out. If she does that again, she has a chance.
Rory Delargy’s Saturday ITV Racing Tips
Newbury 13:50 – Tasman Bay
Market Rasen 14:06 – Galileo Silver
Newbury 14:21 – Going Gone
Market Rasen 14:41 – Ingleby Hollow
Newbury 14:56 – Dubawi Legend
Market Rasen 15:14 – Mahlers Promise
Newbury 15:30 – Safari Dream
Curragh 15:45 – Cairde Go Deo
Saturday’s Racing Tips
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s top ITV Racing fancies on Saturday
- Irish Oaks Tips: Best bets from Paddy’s pundits for Saturday’s 3.45 at the Curragh
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 4 Curragh Saturday best bets
- Horse Racing Tips: Jason Weaver’s Newbury ITV Racing selections
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- When is the King George VI 2022? Ascot date, start time, runners and betting