*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
The Owen Burrows trained HUKUM was highly progressive in the UK last season, winning four times in Group 3 company and can take the opener on Super Saturday at Meydan. The Dubai City Of Gold doesn’t look the deepest Group 2 contest with the local challenge not looking extremely strong in my opinion. This looks a good opportunity for Jim Crowley’s mount, and he should have enough class to win this before returning for the Sheema Classic at the end of the month.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
I’m hoping it’s an excellent start to Super Saturday for team Shadwell with MUBAKKER my selection for the Group 3 Burj Nahaar. This horse has improved in Dubai for Doug Watson having won his last two races, with the form of his last victory nicely enhanced by a subsequent win for Imperial Empire. I think he’s ready for the step-up to group company and could be a serious player for the Godolphin Mile later this month if securing victory here under Dane O’Neill.
I’m looking for some compensation from BENDOOG having tipped him up when finishing fourth to Azure Coast in the UAE 2000 Guineas last month. The pacesetters went extremely hard upfront, sprinters pace over a mile and set-up the race for Azure Coast who came from the clouds to win. However, despite the fast tempo set by both Rawy and Bendoog, Bhupat Seemar’s runner only finished four-lengths behind the winner were Rawy was beaten over 20-lenghts. I think Bendoog deserves plenty of credit for that run with Tadhg O’Shea setting better fractions on Saturday to secure victory.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
We all know how well Charlie Appleby and William Buick have done already here in Dubai this season and I’m expecting them to secure victory with AL SHUHAIL in the Ras Al Khor over 7-furlongs. This is a new race for Super Saturday, a conditions event and is perhaps on paper no better than a Listed / Group 3 contest class wise.
Al Shuhail is a talented horse who returns to Dubai having won a Group 2 at Newmarket last time with William Buick knowing this horse well. The main opposition comes from his own stable in D’bai under James Doyle, but Al Shuhail is rated much superior and has more talent and I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t win this contest.
WANT RESULTS IN A FLASH? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
Best bets at Meydan on Saturday:
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: Paddy Power pundits pick their Triumph Hurdle best bets
- Cheltenham Tips: A best bet for every day of the Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: 6 best-backed picks to get your kicks at the Festival
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races