*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Five races from Kempton, two from Lingfield and one from Newcastle forms ITV’s racing program for Saturday.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
ITV Saturday gets under way here with a handicap chase over an extended 2m4f. DEYRANN DE CARJAC is coming down the weights despite not having been running that badly and must have strong claims for Alan King and Tom Cannon. With a mark of 129, my hope is 16lb from his highest rating and was on 131 when running a fair fifth of sixteen at Cheltenham last time. That was in a much tougher race than this and I think he’s got a right chance.
ITV are also at Lingfield on Saturday for this Listed Hever Sprint over 5f. This is very tight but EXALTED ANGEL will be tough to beat for Karl Burke and Clifford Lee. He was well beaten last time but didn’t get a clear run and once able to move was finishing off nicely. Stall 3 should be ideal so no excuses here.
This is a Triumph Hurdle trial in the Grade 2 Adonis Hurdle over 2m. Pleasant Man was once a Classic hope for Roger Charlton, but he will have to be very good to defeat KNIGHT SALUTE who is on a five-timer and wasn’t a mug on the Flat himself. There was probably about 20lb between the two on the level so if Pleasant Man loves jumping he will go well, but Knight Salute has been good at Cheltenham and Doncaster recently and should be hard to stop once again for Paddy Brennan and trainer Milton Harris even if he has to give weight away.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Here is the Grade 3 Winter Derby over 1m2f. A fine renewal. Alenquer would probably prefer some give in the surface so LORD NORTH has to be the one to beat for John Gosden and Robert Havlin. A former Group 1 winner, Lord North only ran once in 2021 at Meydan and despite scoring there was not seen again after. That said despite being absent for some time he really should take all the beating if healthy.
Now the Grade 2 Pendil Novices’ Chase over an extended 2m4f. PIC D’ORHY is a little frustrating as I suspect he’s better than we have seen, but that said he still has a rating of 154 and he should be good enough for Harry Cobden and the champion trainer Paul Nicholls. It’s the first time my selection has been to Kempton, but he’s won right-handed at Ascot and was a fair third at Sandown last time behind the impressive L’Homme Presse. A couple of mistakes that day did not help.
Another Grade 2 here in the Dovecote Novices’ Hurdle over 2m. SHALLWEHAVEONEMORE is hard to oppose even though he gives a bit of weight away to some of his rivals, The Gary Moore runner, ridden by Josh Moore, was impressive at Sandown last time and looks to be improving all the time. This might not be that tough for a horse with a rating of 133.
ITV go to Newcastle for one and it’s the marathon Eider Handicap Chase over an extended 4m1f. ACHILLE is twelve and not going to improve but is edging down the weights and should have an eachway chance for Venetia Williams and Hugh Nugent who takes off a valuable 3lb. A fine fifth at Aintree and a decent fourth in the Welsh National have shown Achille still has some puff. He did run badly at Warwick last time but I’m happy to forgive him that and this is a very different track.
Finally at Kempton it’s the big betting race in a handicap chase over 3m. FIVESTARGETAWAY must at least have eachway claims for Christian Williams and smiley Nick Schofield. A fine winner at this track two runs ago off just 4lb lower, my hope has since been to Sandown and run another fine race in defeat in third. suggesting he remains in good shape. I can’t see any reason why he won’t go well once again.
ITV Racing Best Bets
- 13:15 Kempton – DEYRANN DE CARJAC
- 13:30 Lingfield – EXALTED ANGEL
- 13:50 Kempton – KNIGHT SALUTE
- 14:05 Lingfield – LORD NORTH
- 14:25 Kempton – PIC D’ORHY
- 15:00 Kempton – SHALLWEHAVEONEMORE
- 15:15 Newcastle – ACHILLE
- 15:37 Kempton – FIVESTARGETAWAY
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh reveals Allaho’s biggest threat with his Ryanair Chase pick
Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh & Rory Delargy deliver dire Arkle verdict for Third Time Lucki backers
- Cheltenham Tips: Matt Chapman’s Lucky 15 As Paddy Goes NRNB For The Festival
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- PUNTER NETS £14,836 OFF MUSSELBURGH LUCKY 15 TO ENTER PADDY’S PUNTING HALL OF FAME
- Cheltenham Festival: MARK YOUR CARDS FOR PADDY POWER’S ULTIMATE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2022 PREVIEW NIGHT
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races