*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
A competitive contest. Cases can be made for Tramore runner-up Hors Piste and the promising Moon Eagle. Cork bumper winner Fons Vivus is a very interesting runner, but the one to beat is likely to be COPPER NATION who will be very hard to stop if reproducing last month’s narrow defeat at Punchestown.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
A drop to 2m may work for GRACCHUS DE BALME after two placed efforts over 2m4f at Navan. He is likely to be tested by Itwasfate and Whowonthetoss who also bring solid placed credentials to this race. Bumper form gives Noble Birth a chance.
This looks like a match. If MR FRED ROGERS can jump more fluently than on his last two starts he should be able to uphold previous Punchestown form with Shantreusse. The mares are up against it at these weights, and Eye Van could be booked for third place.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
Not many of these make a huge amount of appeal. Derridae can confirm Limerick placings with Danegeld , but if BEECHMOUNT MAISIE can run to the level she showed at Tramore last month she can take the beating with trip and ground in her favour.
Plenty of these come in with chances. Bonnie Kellie and Dancing Jeremy both come here in decent form, as does another recent winner in Donnrua Dream. Mamaslittlestar will relish the conditions and could be well handicapped, while The Chapel Field has an exploitable hurdles mark. The one to be on could be FEYAN, wide margin winner of a Punchestown handicap chase before running very well in a Limerick handicap hurdle.
WANT RESULTS IN A FLASH? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
If course maiden hurdle winner CAVALLINO can avoid the mistakes he made at Navan this should be a good opportunity. Duchess Ravenwaves is probably his most dangerous opponent. Clonbury Bridge and Krabat could challenge for a share of the money.
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
You can listen to the Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
Mark McDonagh got off the mark over fences in style at Leopardstown and his 7lb claim could be decisive here on LESSOFDNEGATIVITY (nap). Seangoell should be suited by this step up in trip and can be fancied to reverse 2m course form with the much more exposed Bitview Colin. Another to consider is Be My Dream.
Best bets at Clonmel on Thursday:
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate antepost betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bet for the Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Cheltenham Tips: A 12/1 punt tops Frank Hickey’s Cheltenham Gold Cup best bets
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle pick as we go Non Runner Money Back all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s early fancy for the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Tips: A 7/1 play tops our pundits’ Champion Hurdle best bets
- Cheltenham Tips: Matt Chapman’s Lucky 15 As Paddy Goes NRNB For The Festival
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races